Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-25-pumpkins-2-month-group-t312387.html)

Macybaby 11-01-2020 03:50 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are the last four. Two for Jaba and two for sewbizgirl.

now I can start picking blocks for the flurries group!

DH and I had fun handing out candy last night. We've not lived where we'd get kids showing up for about 25 years so it was fun for us. Didn't actually "hand" it out, we had a tube and the kids could put their bags at the end and we'd drop it down. I'm looking forward to Christmas and decorating the outside of the house with lights.

klaws 11-01-2020 05:55 AM

Thank you Mobile, Ibex94 and Macybaby for my blocks. They are all beautiful! All the other blocks are wonderful too!

Janice McC 11-01-2020 06:13 AM

Happy November 1st everyone. Can you believe it's already November? One day I think this year is progressing as slowly as a normal 5 year stretch and then it seems we're rushing to the end of it. What an odd year.

Macybaby, I'm happy you found a way to participate in Halloween. Very few people in our community seemed to join in this year. Most just turned off their lights and stayed inside. My granddaughter and her parents had a socially distanced parade in their neighborhood. Charlie was a cupcake complete with a little "frosting" hat that she detested wearing. LOL

Lovely blocks, Macy and Ibex. I'll add them to the gallery soon.

sewbizgirl 11-01-2020 06:17 AM

Those are some gorgeous blocks, Ibex and Macybaby. Thank you so much for mine! I'm starting to see the quilts coming together.

It's so cold here! Forty degrees when I got up. Did everyone remember to change their clocks? I loved having an extra hour of sleep this morning before church.

Happy November!

Bugaroo 11-01-2020 06:18 AM

Wonderful blocks! Especially like Macybaby's peppermint reds and blacks...very bold

terriamn 11-01-2020 10:17 AM

Gorgeous blocks Macybaby, love my block. The greens are great

ibex94 11-01-2020 11:13 AM

Macybaby, I love your christmas blocks for me! You always pick great patterns and colors. I need you by my side to help me fix an oopsie.....

What is the name of the patterns you made for Jaba. I may steal part of the pattern you made for Sewbizgirl to fix my oopsie.... Thank you for the ideas!

Macybaby 11-01-2020 07:11 PM

ibex - the first is called "Road to California" and the second is "Handy Andy". I have the book "5,500 quilt block designs" by Maggie Malone, so page through to find something I like and then draw it up in EQ8 as a 12" block to get the basic cutting measurements. Been ending up with a lot of 1/16" increments, but it's still fun to see how it all works out. Often I have to draw the block with leaving some lines out so I can get the unit measures for things like covered corners or flying geese. The program always gives point to point measures for any angle cuts, and I much prefer to use the Easy Angle method instead.

ibex94 11-02-2020 06:44 AM

Macybaby -- Thank you for letting me know. I need to find that book! I have been eyeing the software for a long time. I think I know what to get for Christmas now! Back to my sewing machine....

Janice McC 11-04-2020 05:41 AM

Boom Biz

Good morning, Pumpkins! Just a quick reminder that all blocks are due back to me one week from tomorrow. That's Thursday, November 12, for them all to be in my hands. Please be sure to mail early enough for them to arrive on time. I've received several packages and a couple are in the mail so we're looking good. Anyone with any issues, please get in touch with me as soon as you can. Thank you!