Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 29 Sign Ups closing March 22 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-29-sign-ups-closing-march-22-a-t320244.html)

Lstew2212 03-15-2023 03:48 PM

I sent my info in an email to Sewbizgirl. I would like to join the three-month group. Thanks for having me back. I always love this group.

Duckling 03-16-2023 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by JayneW (Post 8592766)
Hello Boomers,

I think I'm going to have to sit this boom out, so much going on. I'm retiring in June and getting married in August! I'll be sure to lurk and follow along with the beautiful blocks and the happenings in your lives. Hopefully I'll be back for Boom 30

What a lot going on! Congratulations on both the retirement and wedding. Make sure to come back for Boom 30!

Duckling 03-16-2023 11:47 AM

I sent my info via email and want to let you all know I am so glad to return! I am especially happy to have some of the same folks who were in Pumpkin Boom 28. I would like to join the 3 month this time.

Duckling 03-16-2023 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to all the Pumpkins Boom 28 who contributed blocks. The local Refugee Center found a Ukranian family right away and were really appreciative for all the anonymous quilters!

ibex94 03-16-2023 05:04 PM

Great quilt Duckling and all you Pumpkins!!

sewbizgirl 03-16-2023 07:48 PM

Welcome back, Lstew2212!
Duck, what a beautiful quilt. You did a great job finishing it! I'll put your pic in the "finished quilts" album at Imgbb Boom 28.

Annaquilts 03-16-2023 09:14 PM

Hi! signed up for both groups 2 months and 3 months. annaquilts

SusieQOH 03-17-2023 05:21 AM

Hi all, is there a theme or do we just choose fabrics of our liking?
Do we request certain colors or not a certain color?

ibex94 03-17-2023 08:49 AM

You decide what kind of quilt you want. It is easier to design a block if you know the planned quilt destination or color needs. Pick out your fabric to send to everyone and if you have specific needs like "all yellow" or "all black" so you end up with two-colored blocks, let everyone know in the note you send with your F8 fabric. In the last boom I sent a different fabric to everyone to make a quilt for my eldest granddaughter who prefers dark jungle colors. I included bright colors in the F8 because the jungle is loaded with a variety of colors. I told everyone what I plan on doing with the blocks and then cut the Boomers loose to do whatever their creative desires wanted. I had no color requests or theme requests. I got a bunch of wonderful jungle blocks.

Take a look at the pictures Sewbizgirl has posted to get an idea of the beautiful blocks the boomers have made. Her signature line has the link.

BOOM 29 is shaping up to be an amazing boom, as usual. I will be lurking this time around as I have yet to put any of my boom blocks into a finished quilt.

SusieQOH 03-17-2023 09:13 AM

Thanks for that info, ibex.
I just have a couple of colors I don't like, that's why I asked. But sometimes I say that and then I see a quilt with colors I don't especially like and end up loving what I see! :)