Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 7.0-WATER Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-7-0-water-group-t182720.html)

Abby's Mom 03-22-2012 12:42 PM

LovingIzabella - I'm in too, and nothing in return please! Hugs to you.

Abby's Mom 03-22-2012 12:43 PM

Received a beautiful block today from CharlotteMarie. Sorry you had soooo much trouble with the block. From my stand point it was worth all your work. Do hope that your finger is recovering......

jaba 03-22-2012 12:54 PM

Received F8's today from joaelizbay,marcialee,ssnare,and ncquilter. Better get to work, doing Isabella's "blue" square right now

charlottemarie 03-22-2012 01:43 PM

Thanks I am much better, my hubby helped me bandaid it every morning. I'm glad you like your block. I liked it also.

marcialee 03-22-2012 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella (Post 5081538)
Hello my fellow Boom Swappers,
I do not normally do this but I have a very special request. Most of you know my story and all that I have gone through over the last few years. It appears my surgery in January has definitely made things better for me and for that I am eternally grateful. I think it was just in the nick of time too because if I still felt so awful I would not be able to handle the latest news I received. I do not want to go in to details here on the board but I am asking this as a favor for my Izabella. Many of you have watched her grow up here on the QB through my pictures and my avatar changing every so often with a new one of the love of my life. She now has a very tough road ahead of her and her father and I will be here to support her in every way possible as will her grandparents and other relatives. What I am asking is this. Would any of you be willing to make a block for her if I send you an F8? I will gladly make a block in return if you send me fabric. Her favorite color is blue. I know when I was having my troubles my hug quilt and the love from everyone here made such a difference for me. I am hoping I can do the same for her with the help of all of the wonderful friends I have made in the Boom swap.
No one is obligated to do this nor do you have to feel like you must. This is strictly volunteer basis and I will make one for you in return. Please send me a PM if you would like to exchange a block with me for Izabella.
Huge Hugs
April

April,
I would be honored to make a block of blue for you. After all that you do to keep us sewing, this is such a small request. I do not expect anything in return. I will contact you for address as soon as I get it made.

marcialee 03-22-2012 04:12 PM

this is what I have received so far:
Linda Dugas, Pat Waters, Sue Straley, Joan Loonam, Andrea Bonds, Charlotte Thompson, Cyndi Holman, Linda Denniston, Judy Bowers, Jan Alexander

dove911 03-22-2012 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
April, if it's ok with you, I'll just make a block using blues from my stash for Isabella.

I got a bunch of 8ths today from the following:
babey ruth, Wendsey, NC Quilter, Quilting Krazy, Ssnare

I mailed finished blocks to Jaba, Sustaley, and Mosher92

I received my first finished block today!!!! It's from Cyndi H and I couldn't resist posting a pic!

Sandynorm 03-22-2012 06:04 PM

Sorry I have not been on the board, coming home from vacation and getting unpacked and returning to work (wishing I were retired) and catching up on the 2 1/2 weeks that I was away, I have not had time. I have been enjoying opening all of my squisheys, just like Christmas. So far I have recieved from...
Abby's Mom
abonda
babeyruth
CharlotteMarie
CyndiH
dove911
jaba
ljdugas31
marcilee
Mosher92
Ncquilter
oldcatlady
Scrappyquilt
ssnar
sustraley

Lv2sew2011 03-22-2012 06:54 PM

I would love to make Izabella a Blue Block and no need to return one....
Donna

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella (Post 5081538)
Hello my fellow Boom Swappers,
I do not normally do this but I have a very special request. Most of you know my story and all that I have gone through over the last few years. It appears my surgery in January has definitely made things better for me and for that I am eternally grateful. I think it was just in the nick of time too because if I still felt so awful I would not be able to handle the latest news I received. I do not want to go in to details here on the board but I am asking this as a favor for my Izabella. Many of you have watched her grow up here on the QB through my pictures and my avatar changing every so often with a new one of the love of my life. She now has a very tough road ahead of her and her father and I will be here to support her in every way possible as will her grandparents and other relatives. What I am asking is this. Would any of you be willing to make a block for her if I send you an F8? I will gladly make a block in return if you send me fabric. Her favorite color is blue. I know when I was having my troubles my hug quilt and the love from everyone here made such a difference for me. I am hoping I can do the same for her with the help of all of the wonderful friends I have made in the Boom swap.
No one is obligated to do this nor do you have to feel like you must. This is strictly volunteer basis and I will make one for you in return. Please send me a PM if you would like to exchange a block with me for Izabella.
Huge Hugs
April

joanelizbay 03-22-2012 06:57 PM

April, is there a certain theme to the quilt you want for your daughter, like a block for a younger girl or just any block? Count me in and no block in return is needed!