Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 7.0-WIND Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-7-0-wind-group-t182722.html)

marytoddliz 03-26-2012 01:55 PM

Really it depends on how many seams you have. If you don't have very many than a legal envelope wiill work fine. I use a manila envelope 6X 9 I get them at the dollar store 6 in a package for 99cents. take off the metal clasp as they will charge more for that. I buy cling wrap at the dollar store, not really good for food but good for pushing all the air out of your squishy and protecting it if they get caught in the machine... I also put a piece of packing tape (I also get it at dollar store, the tricky part of the tape you get at Dollar store is to keep the end together with a small piece of paper on the sticky side of the end) I put a 65 cent stamp on the blocks going home and never have a problem...

I let my PO train me into how they like to see my squishy's treated. Makes my life easier, the first year I lived up here we always battled, they usually won, so for me it was just easier. I hope this helps!

Originally Posted by linnaete (Post 5092344)
What is the best way to mail back blocks? This is my first swap and I'm not sure if I should try to put it in a regular envelope or something bigger? Thanks!

Difergie 03-26-2012 02:05 PM

Dot..that dog is adorable!

Phannie1 03-26-2012 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got a very pretty block in the mail from Ljdugas31. Very Nice. I think it will go great in my Wounded Warrior quilts.

Thanks, Phannie[ATTACH=CONFIG]322908[/ATTACH]

sapdoggie 03-26-2012 03:43 PM

OK Darla- your fat 8th came today- thank you !

Calquilter- your block is gorgeous !!!- Thank you !

Phannie1- your block makes me smile !!!- Thank you !!!

LovingIzabella 03-26-2012 03:57 PM

I received two wonderful starts to Izabella's quilt today!
First was a beautiful blue braid from Dotty. Thank you ever so much this will make a wonderful border on the quilt I bet! Thank you thank you!
Next I received a wonderful under the sea pinwheel block from MaryToddLiz. It is absolutely adorable and I love it. I know Izzy will too so again I thank you so very much!
Huge Hugs
April

oma7 03-27-2012 05:24 AM

Just getting ready to do a little more sewing. I have made 13 blocks, all ready to go to the post office. Hopefully today. I have fabric for 2 more, just deciding what kind of blocks I want to do with sapdoggie and linnaete's. I'm missing fabric from scrapper and Ok Darla. Hopefully itwill be here soon! Its fun trying to decide what kind of block to do with certain fabrics. Hopefully all will be happy with their blocks. Sew happy. Oma7

MaggieBB 03-27-2012 08:55 AM

Received blocks from difergie and
scrapper today, such pretty blocks,
have deen doing my sample blocks in my leftover fabric, will be quilt size soon! This is like christmas every day!!!!
OK darla still missing your f8.

Difergie 03-27-2012 09:06 AM

Off to the post office to mail the next four blocks. My goal is four a week and more if I can wrangle the time!

oma7 03-27-2012 11:14 AM

F8 recieved are all in the mail. Still missing 2 F8s. Izabella's block also done in in mail. Can't wait to see all my blocks returned. I feel like a little kid on Christmas, waiting and opening my presents. I hope you all enjoy your blocks. Sew Happy! Oma 7

wendsy 03-27-2012 02:58 PM

Got my final F8 in the mail from OK Darla! Now I just have to get into gear, may be waiting after the weekend, family time.