Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 7.0-WIND Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-7-0-wind-group-t182722.html)

marytoddliz 03-19-2012 02:31 PM

I made it Back from the post office, I love the slushy part of snow, well the 5 year old in me does!

I received F8's from Sapdoggie and Phannie, I love the material!

QuiltMom, I know what you mean I have to send my Squishes out with 65 cents but get them in with 45 cents, and last time everyone that came through with a 45 cent stamp was held for extra postage. This time they are letting them through. Who knows why, I guess it is just all the different opinions that work together as our postal service.

We are just saying a special prayer that we don't lose our Post Office, they are making a lot of cuts and would hate to have to drive to a different town to get my mail. We have no street delivery here, due to our weather I am guessing. but it is a good healthy walk so I don't mind it now.

OK time to sew~

maebe42 03-19-2012 04:57 PM

My squishies went out today.

I received from:
oma7
difergie
dotcomdtcm
maggiebb

I've picked out patterns for two of the blocks and am trying to decide what to make with the other 2. The fun begins!

sapdoggie 03-19-2012 05:08 PM

I received squishies from dotcomdtcom, oma7 and scrapper today :)

Now off to create :thumbup:

Please let me know if any postage is due. I sent them in a long envelope with one stamp. The postoffice lady only said to put extra postage on the one to Canada.

If there is any extra due, I will return it with your square.

More thinking, thinking....... I may need Pooh's Hunny Pot and thinking chair :D

marytoddliz 03-19-2012 05:13 PM

I think the trick is the long envelope. I received several with a 45 cent stamp and they all made it with no postage due. I put mine in a small envelope and put 65 cents. Next boom I am investing in long envelopes, just think how much I will save!

OK I have a few more pictures to post then dinner and a movie! Will sew more late tonight, when all the early birds are in bed and all the night owls are sewing away!

ljdugas31 03-19-2012 06:36 PM

I got nice mail today!!! crgltr got your fabric and Dotty both yours and marytoddlliz.Nice fabric.

sharon b 03-19-2012 07:38 PM

I think with the longer envelopes you can make the fabric thinner , don't have to squsih it up to get it in , does that make sense ? I also went and got the press and seal wrap to wrap the fabric in instead of baggies with zippers - the zippers add bulk

wendsy 03-19-2012 07:39 PM

Just to let everyone know when sending squishes (especially to me) if it gets caught in a machine along the way, more postage is needed. I find that if you fold the material the fit the envelope you have a better chance of it arriving fine. The machines around me must love to eat the envelopes-I have had to pay postage due on a few envelopes that have "tread" marks on them-the envelopes were taller than the 1/4" permitted by the 45 or 65 stamp. The clerk at my post office told me that the 45 stamp was for paper correspondence, nothing else-and they are pretty strict. I found a larger envelope, business sizes (for the F8ths) or 4 X 6 (for the finished blocks-those seams can get thick!)work well and I've been able to send them off for regular postage. Flatter is better :)

Quilt Mom 03-20-2012 05:43 AM

wendsy, I guess I will have to fold my fabric differently. I sent things off in legal size envelopes. The Canadian one got charged less than the US ones. I paid $1.95 per envelope because the clerk considered it a first class package. Maybe I will press the fabric flat. Last boom I sent the fabric with a full page letter, and had no problem with just $.45 postage. Go figure:rolleyes:

wendsy 03-20-2012 08:42 AM

It's all in the interpertation of the regulations. I just sent off all the mails for 45 each (except Canada), but if it were a different clerk I'd have had to pay for parcel post since they know it's more than paper inside (they know me too well:)-also my 5th boom) Received 2 in today's mail, no problems :) When sending the finished blocks I use the manilla business sized envelopes and try to stager the seams to get a good postage price.

Received today:
Sapdoggie
Phannie1

MaggieBB 03-20-2012 08:55 AM

I used legal sized white evenlopes the postal clerk check them for me and said to use first class postage on all but the one going to canada, does anyone know how long it takes for first class to get to canada? a question for oma7 ,I have chosen a pattern for you and cut some of the peices just wondering about back ground , Do you have a preferance?