Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Elisabrat 11-19-2012 01:42 AM

I have not had internet all day. I have two that I received will post tomorrow afterrnoon. I am so happy to see them coming home! I really would like to start this quilt for my sister soon. I need the blocks to make it happen as they are all so different I want to mix up the colors a bit so they are evenly distributed. I promise to post a pic when I start pulling it together. Everyone is doing such a good job. Jaba your jar of lemons is so real I could just take the lid off and grab a few!

Elisabrat 11-19-2012 01:43 AM

Yosemitesa, I think i have a great idea! join a large group again and do another quilt for the little one. It seems to me you get a nap out of each block that comes home. Heck you can re wrap a few of them and let himopen them and be suprised all over again! naps are not over rated.

sustraley 11-19-2012 04:58 AM

I was going to work on blocks yesterday, but didn't. I tried working on something else. It was one of those days where I think my fabric and sewing machine were both possessed. Nothing would work out right. My machine thread got messed up. I spent a lot of time unsewing. It was crazy. Hopefully today will be better. I am off work and it is raining, so good day to sew, right. If anyone sees the quilting police--tell them I moved.

Roseysue 11-19-2012 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by chewboo (Post 5665974)
roseysue--yosamitesa said it belongs to areinn so I will ship it on

Then did you get a block from me?

Roseysue 11-19-2012 07:30 AM

Thanks josamitea for sending.

QuilterMomma 11-19-2012 08:34 AM

Thanks Jaba, I made her two blocks, one with a different fabric, then made one with both fabrics together and have the scraps in bag ready to send back.

I did manage to finally get all the blocks cut and stacked in nice piles in a box just for the swap. I will not get to sew this coming long weekend, but will get them worked on next week and mailed accordingly. Trying to get them out before the Christmas rush.

Yosamitesa 11-19-2012 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5666685)
Yosemitesa, I think i have a great idea! join a large group again and do another quilt for the little one. It seems to me you get a nap out of each block that comes home. Heck you can re wrap a few of them and let himopen them and be suprised all over again! naps are not over rated.

Maybe...however next time I'm gonna do half the group for my hubby's team and the other half for my mother-in-law's team, so they each get a quilt next year. They have both been SO patient. :) So...one large group, here I come again. I think I'm going to get my stuff ordered and cut and packaged up so that all I have to do is address and off they go. :)

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 5666885)
I was going to work on blocks yesterday, but didn't. I tried working on something else. It was one of those days where I think my fabric and sewing machine were both possessed. Nothing would work out right. My machine thread got messed up. I spent a lot of time unsewing. It was crazy. Hopefully today will be better. I am off work and it is raining, so good day to sew, right. If anyone sees the quilting police--tell them I moved.

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!! I had a day like that not that long ago. The fabric got matted in the feed dogs, the thread wouldn't go stay on the top layer and the bottom bobbin knotted in one BIG mess!!! Ugh, I totally feel for you. Hugs!!!

Yosamitesa 11-19-2012 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Blocks going out to marcialee, roseysue, savannahrandons and OK Darla. Sneek peek in my signature line. :)

Received this block from Mosher92!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]377562[/ATTACH]

LovingIzabella 11-19-2012 09:27 AM

Hello Everyone
I am alive!! Sorry I have been so quiet this go round. It seems like life wanted to give me so much to deal with. Aside from my brain surgery in September I have been dealing with issues for Izabella. I think I am getting on top of it all now though...I hope :)
New Rounds start in January so keep those blocks moving. I am working on my side swap blocks now and I will have them home before the deadline I promise.
Any questions, complaints or anything else please let me know.
Huge Hugs
April

Yosamitesa 11-19-2012 09:37 AM

Updated List

Blocks Sent:
1000projects (10/25/12) -- please let me know if you received it
Abby's Mom -- received
AnnaQuilts -- received
CharlotteMarie -- received
Chewboo -- received
daisey -- received
Elisabrat -- received
Fraew -- received
girlscouts1 -- received
goldendog55 -- received
jaba -- received
ljdugas31 -- received
marcialee (11/19/12)
marytoddliz -- received
moonrise -- received
Mosher (10/19/12) -- please let me know if you received it
NanaKathy55 -- received
Nancia -- received
Nexxus831 -- received
OK Darla (11/19/12)
oldcatlady -- received
pinklotus -- received
QuilterMomma -- received
Roseysue (11/19/12)
savannahrandons (11/19/12)
SheriR -- received
sustraley -- received
TheMamaHauser -- received
TwinRiverFarms -- received
urgodschild2 -- received

Blocks Received:
1000projects
Abby's Mom
AnnaQuilts
areinn
CharlotteMarie
Chewboo
Elisabrat
Fraew
girlscouts1
jaba
joanelizbay
Linda58
ljdugas31
marytoddliz
missgigglewings
moonrise
Mosher92
NanaKathy55
Nexxus831
oldcatlady
pinklotus
QuilterMomma
Roseysue
scrapper
SheriR
sustraley
Tam...Moo
TheMamaHauser
TwinRiverFarm
urgodschild2

If your records are different, let me know. :)