Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Yosamitesa 08-21-2012 06:57 PM

Fiddlesticks!!! Hubby just took my boom stuff away. :( Big meanie said I have to finish a UFO before I make any squares. So...hoping to be done with one this week.

Nexxus831 08-21-2012 07:32 PM

My post office tried to do the same thing so I did the same then threw two stamps on them and hope they get to you all ok. If ANYONE gets charged extra PLEASE PLEASE let me know and I will make sure it gets back to you. The ones that went to Canada they charged me just over 3 bucks for each envelope. I live in a HUGE city and they are still scary people.

Originally Posted by TwinRiverFarm (Post 5455241)
Well, I must have FAT F8s, because my postoffice charged me 90 cents per envelope this morning! And that was after they warned me that now they have to be checked for puffiness (yep..true comment). So if they have too much AIR in them, it would be 1.90 each. So I folded those darn fabrics as thin as I could, pressed, rewrapped the Press n Seal, squished them to death, poaked tiny pinholes in the wrap and squished some more air out of them. They actually had this piece of cardboard with a slot cut in it that they had to pass each envelope through (the official Puffy test). They passed, thank goodness. Now since I live in the boonies and our post office is a small trailer which also houses the feed & grain and the game warden, I won't argue with them. But the next time I have to stand in line behind a guy in an orange hat holding a dead turkey I shall voice my objections loudly.

Nexxus831 08-21-2012 08:28 PM

Oh and Today I received f8's from Moonrise and Yosemitesa

goldendog55 08-21-2012 09:18 PM

If you want to post pictures of the blocks before they are received, it's nice if you start your own photo thread. Then, if people want to peek before it arrives, they can. I like to get a surprise when I open the envelope!

Elisabrat 08-21-2012 10:33 PM

Goldendog I am with you on that. I have so few suprises in my life, especially great ones like these, I want to savor it. Heck, moonrise I got your envelope today. I just now opened it. I wanted to wait for the suprise until after I finished Marybeths dog block lol.. I had so many brain cramps making that one I was in tears. She will understand when she gets it.
Quiltermomma you watch your mail your puppies are on the way as promised. Sheesh. impatient little imp aren't you?
I was out today. Maybe the moon is off? dunno I felt like a wet noodle all day. Dialysis, then nap then heck I dont feel like I took a four hour nap.. I feel like I am way soooo tired. Got the less grand news no shot in heck kidney is coming back at all so its all ok. I have my appointments at Stanford staring Monday (this is a massive series one goes through) for transplant listing. Again.. wears me out thinking on it so I wont.

Tackling doc seuss in the morning its already on the cutting board and maybe the birds too.. sure why not. Love your blocks that are being shown by the way. Hope you get mine in the mail soon.. tapping toes no I am not too much energy. Hugs to you all. Going to take my nite stuff and pop off. I have advil for those morning headaches. Eww to jack and what nots.. double eewww. Lemon honey and hot water.. all good. Spiced tea even better. My daughter only wants hot chocolate even though I explain the milk and goober concept she says nope I NEED my hot chocolate.. ok fine and dandy go for it. Oh wait let me get that for you honey.. :) all grown up but they always need momma. I am good with that.

Elisabrat 08-21-2012 10:51 PM

Quiltermomma forgot.. just saw your blocks gorgeous so I am sending you and extra f8 x ten with that puppy just whip them up when you get time and toss them back at me no problem at all honest! uh the puppies stay with you however. That kitten in the box.. well its his toy so he knew you would understand. The chickens promised also on the site will have to come from their promisor (work check please!) forgot who has tons of chickens. Jaba I want to come live with you. All those marvelous fresh foods. Wow. Do you eat meat or are you veggan? I have fallen in love with your hubby too.. can you share? a man who gardens.. swoon.. lol Love my man to pieces too, as the saying goes I think he hung the moon. He is my personal hero. This getting death sick.. brings you together or pulls you apart. All of us, we got super together. One night at 3 am right after surgery I was seriously confussed and called my son at 2 am and begged him to come he came and sat with me for two hours til I fell asleep. i was so scared and cant tell you why. My family says I am the tough one. I think they are for standing with me through it all. Gosh what a sap huh?
And Quilter momma, um.. do you live in like the highest accident city in the US? like some have you know high shooting rates, high robbery stuff maybe your city is jinxed and has way too many accidents or girl you need to find another mode of transportation cause well.. if its not the city.. you know where I am going with this..

no one should have asked where I was now I feel like you dont mind my endless stupid chatter. Dont ruin the illussion. I like it :) ok ok nite and GET WELL. How am I going to get anything done making tea, rubbing ankles, fixing chicken soup, getting rice packs heated in the microwave for sore somethings.. those quilt blocks need sewing you know so GET WELL NOW. Please?

Elisabrat 08-21-2012 10:53 PM

ONE LAST THING: ok just how big or small is your stash? I vote mine is the smallest. One bin felt, one bin fabric and two shelves on a small bookcase of solids/blenders about 12 yards total said and done. I am thinking exploding stores some of you.. go ahead make me envious.. (heck with your jewelry collections its the fabric I am coveting)

TwinRiverFarm 08-22-2012 03:52 AM

Elisabrat, you are our inspiration, girl! Kind of a hyper, crazed, caffinated Jack Russell who quilts. Funny how we never mind babying our kids (noi matter what the age) but feel guilty needing to be babied ourselves once in a while. Get your rest, cuddle the kittens before packing them, pre-test all the chocolate. The chickens are in flight gear, fed them banana pancakes for breakfast today. Gotta go poke holes in the boxes for them.....

SheriR 08-22-2012 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5457709)
Hey SheriR, you need to go visit the Stash Busting Challenge thread. Join in and the DH won't say much then because you can tell him you are "working" on it.

Oh tell me how the Expendables is. I may plan a date night with DH on my birthday this week.

QM-he never says anything unless I'm in my cutting week for Yosamitesa and luvTooQuilt's swaps and Mariposa's PS swap and mmonohon's ispy swap and I have piles of this and that on every surface... AT THe same time finishing up this or that pp swap. (Really I see my problem, to many swaps.) There I said it. That's the first step to recovery right? So.... I signed up for this BOOM. Yes, the BIG ONE. :D

Expendables...VERY MANLY! Lots of shooting and fighting and blowing up, exploding man stuff. No kissing or girl stuff. Lots of old stars Sylvester Arnold Chuck Bruce Juan-Claude Jason and some guys I didn't know and Liam. Good popcorn and soda. :D We had fun. :D hubby was singing with the closing credit song and was shocked I didn't know it...he's so cute. Yup go for your birthday! LoL HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

SheriR 08-22-2012 05:37 AM

Elisabrat- take care of yourself hun! I love waking up to your comments.

And all you ladies who have sent and FINISHED blocks!!! My heros! My stuff will be out today or tomorrow. I have a file I'm putting your envelopes in as I get them. I'm getting lots of ideas in my head.