Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-rubies-group-t197897.html)

travelinggramma 08-25-2012 10:28 AM

Waahooo - hubby got the keys to the mailbox and I got mail!!
Nexxus, OkDarla, immemother, Anastasia, Charlottemarie

charlottemarie 08-25-2012 11:15 AM

On 8/24 I received F8's from Doghousemom and OKDarla.

charlottemarie 08-25-2012 11:16 AM

On 8/25 I received F8's from Anastasia and immemother.

oldcatlady 08-25-2012 12:08 PM

OH, I love the cat fabric Phannie1, were did you find it?

Originally Posted by Phannie1 (Post 5466698)
I got my fabric ready for mailing but not out today.

I did get 3 squishes in the mail on Friday. They are from CharlotteMarie, DogHuseMom and OK Darla. All so pretty. Will get the blocks started this weekend too.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Phannie

moonwork42029 08-25-2012 12:35 PM

Got 3 more squishies in the mail today...great Saturday :)

Charlotte Marie
Jacquie
Anastasia

Anastasia 08-25-2012 02:03 PM

2 more here.. My kitty things all the baggies of fabric are for her to lay on.. hehe Got from Jacquie and CharlotteMarie, gonna have fun with the froggies :D still haven't figured out what to do with Elisabrat's yet but I have ideas for all the rest.

moonwork42029 08-25-2012 03:57 PM

I've got all the fabrics picked out for matching up the f8's I've received so far...and Dad approves of my choices, lol. He found out matching the fabrics wasn't a piece of cake.

Got a couple ideas for patterns. Elisabrat's just screamed at me...luckily it was received first so it can be worked on first. I'll have Dad work on cutting out the pieces for me ... heck I might have enough to make 2 for her , he he he.

Anastasia 08-25-2012 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I redid my diamond block (I can post these cause she's aware of what i"m making her and she's seen them already) but I used a template for each piece instead. MUCH BETTER. Still have to put the black on now, after I rip it off the other piece, or get more. The yellow was pretty wiggly..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]357896[/ATTACH]

DogHouseMom 08-25-2012 05:43 PM

Anastasia - looks great!!

I too was perfecting a block today!! I had chosen a new block from QC that was part paper pieced and part strip pieced. Well I found out what happens when you marry two parts of a block that were pieced differently (ie one using the marked seams on the paper, and one using my scant 1/4" seam measured AFTER ironing) - the answer is, it's not a happy marriage! So I ran the process through my brain cell (I put Fred on double duty tonight) and I made another block with several adjustments to save that marriage - and I nailed it!!

So tomorrow I can make the REAL block!!!

I also played with some of the other fabric that I received, sorting through my stash and pulling matches.

Phannie1 08-25-2012 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by oldcatlady (Post 5467172)
OH, I love the cat fabric Phannie1, were did you find it?

I got found it in a store in Dover, Delaware. I think it was called Delaware Sewing center. I will make sure you get the kitties for your fabric. I will try to send you the name of print and company too. Phannie