Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-rubies-group-t197897.html)

DogHouseMom 12-30-2012 06:01 AM

Phannie ... that quilt of Caitlins is gorgeous! I've never been fond of that pattern, but I love what she did with it with the side border and the wide black border. Well done Caitlin!

travelinggramma 12-30-2012 07:55 AM

Sue - those little bits of red are perfect - all the colors really go together nicely - wow!!
And brat - who would of thought - so many great blocks and all so nicely done
I love this part - seeing how it all turned out. Gotta get mine out again. Had spent way too much time cleaning up and cleaning out. then I took over the dining room table to put the bindings on two large quilts that have been UFO for awhile. I think, after looking at all the different materials etc. I have decided on my 2013 material! Well, maybe....

Anastasia 12-30-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5748790)
Yes ... that is an original, and yes, it's paper pieced. Glad you guys liked it!

I started with a QC block called "snowblossoms" ... set it on point and switched the colors around so that I had the dark/light instead of just white. I had to re-design it in EQ to get the PP pattern. I want to make that block again.

Sorrry! wrong mom :D hahaha

Phannie1 12-30-2012 03:34 PM

Gracie's Quilt

2 Attachment(s)
Most know I am going to donate this quilt to our local Humane Animal Shelter. It the passing of my "Grace" it will be given in her name. I am very excited to get it done. I did not even get the last block down be for the quilt inspector had to have her say. LOL Precious has given her approval so tomorrow I will get the sashing fabric and backing and "get-er-done." Thanks for all the condolences over Grace's passing.

Precious and I are doing ok. Precious has stayed close and I have been giving her a little extra loving. Do miss her and her little things she did. Thanks again, Phannie and Precious....

ctmhjenn 12-30-2012 05:51 PM

I am so glad a lot of you are ready to put your tops together. I just went through my list and the only one I have missing is for savannahrandons, and boo hooooooo hoooo...I can't find my block from Australia and Minneapolis...I don't know if they have NOT arrived, or if I have just misplaced them. I will keep looking, I have so many hidey holes to look in..lol. I have been sewing as of today. I had a local swap with some blocks, and one gal and I decided we wanted to make our quilt bigger, so I am sending her 6 more and she is making me six more. Added to the 13, I will have 18 blocks..sweeeeeeeeeeeetttttt... It is a 10" block, but it is so cool. All tone on tone blocks with Kona snow as the background. Love it.. So since we are so close to January, I think I will begin to think about what I would like to do next. Kimberly gave me a stupendous idea, and I think I might just copy her. She is a very smart cookie!
Ok, movin on...I'll be in tow

Anastasia 12-30-2012 06:12 PM

ctmhjenn, I probably have yours here waiting to go in the mail monday. Was it floral? if so, it's sitting by the door waiting to go out with me... assuming I have a vehicle that runs by then *scowl* but it's going, promise.

ctmhjenn 12-30-2012 06:23 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. I am looking at my "mess" around me, and was sure I had misplaced it. I appreciate your letting me know....Joanie

jaba 12-30-2012 06:26 PM

I'm just waiting on savannahrandoms and a side swap with quiltermomma. May have to make a block to fill in but then I can finish it and it will be complete. Hopefully QM's comes this next week.

jacquie 12-31-2012 02:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's my picture as promised... i added my trial block to fill the gap (bottom row, 2nd from right)
i love how they've all turned out!! thank you ladies for a fun boomerang!!!
just need to add sashing in my fabric and borders now!!! i can't wait to finish it now!!
xxx

nygal 12-31-2012 05:12 AM

Every one's quilt tops will be beautiful.