Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-pacific-o-group-thread-t212377.html)

moonwork42029 02-04-2013 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser (Post 5838012)
moonwork42029

I suspect that some of you have pets... Alice hasn't taken her face out of my incoming F8 container since I started opening mail today.

Guilty...2 inside cats and Dad...who puts on smelly stuff sometimes so who knows what Alice is sniffin'?

babyfireo4 02-05-2013 04:58 AM

Received on 2-4
dahna42
NanaKathy55
RoseIrish48
travelinggramma
urgodschild2

Gaijin 02-05-2013 04:58 AM

Today I received my first 4 envelopes: from oldcatlady, LovingIzabella, ljdugas31, and moonwork42029.
I think they arrived amazingly fast! I wish I could stay home and sew on them tomorrow, but work calls!

ArizonaKAT 02-05-2013 06:40 AM

Whew! My cup runneth over! Here is my squishy list so far.

Abby's Mom
Dahna42
Elisabrat
Jaba
Joanelizbay
Lestrong601
Ljdugas31
Moonrise
Moonwork42029
NanaKathy55
Oldcatlady
RoseIrish48
TheMamaHauser
Travelinggramma
Twinriversfarm
Urgodschild2

I have one grown up block (so far) heading out this Saturday to Travelinggramma.

All other material is up high and safe. I had the same problem with the pups last night as I was sorting through the F8s. They were having more fun than I was.

KAT

LovingIzabella 02-05-2013 07:28 AM

WOW..the internationals seem to be moving quick lol
Here is who I received from so far to date:
Abby'sMom (block done will be in the mail home this week)
Dahna42
Jaba
joanelizbay
ljdugs (block done will be in the mail home this week)
Moonrise
moonwork
NanaKathy
oldcatlady
RoseIrish
TheMamaHauser
travelinggramma
twinriversfarm

Phew that's a lot lolol

I am going to try and do different blocks on most of the fabrics. Sometimes some of the fabrics work well in the same block. I am also thinking I may do a couple paper pieced blocks. I learned from the last round that applique is NOT for me..I am atrocious at it :( Sigh

Hugs
April

urgodschild2 02-05-2013 08:17 AM

I too am guilty....I have two indoor cats and my daughter is living with me temporarily and she has 3 cats. I try to keep the material all away from them but sometimes..............sigh.
I try not to use the same block design too as I want to try different ones.

joanelizbay 02-05-2013 09:09 AM

Finished block going home to Jaba today.Ill post all I finish in my link in my signature. Wishing I was home today sewing on the F8s I have..work always interfers!! :)

LovingIzabella 02-05-2013 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Love your blocks so far Joan :) I cannot wait to see what you folks come up with for lingerie fabric teeheee!
Wait until the rest of you get your fabric....
want to see it??? Here it is..It too is an Alexander Henry print lol
Hugs
April

joanelizbay 02-05-2013 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my heavens!! Im so glad I didnt get that fabric April!! It would make me blind and challenge my feeble brain! LOL
This isnt BOOM related but my brother wants me to make my neice a quilt and I told him to find the fabric he wants me to use and send it to me....and darn if he didnt! LOL I want to cut out all these "blocks" and make them kind of a snowball block with different colors on the corners but then I dont know what to use to seperate the blocks. I was thinking maybe a nine patch between them or something with greens/browns/mauves...could sure use some advice if anyone has any! Thanks! (blocks are 7 inch)

moonwork42029 02-05-2013 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 5840163)
Oh my heavens!! Im so glad I didnt get that fabric April!! It would make me blind and challenge my feeble brain! LOL
This isnt BOOM related but my brother wants me to make my neice a quilt and I told him to find the fabric he wants me to use and send it to me....and darn if he didnt! LOL I want to cut out all these "blocks" and make them kind of a snowball block with different colors on the corners but then I dont know what to use to seperate the blocks. I was thinking maybe a nine patch between them or something with greens/browns/mauves...could sure use some advice if anyone has any! Thanks! (blocks are 7 inch)

I think you should do it as an "attic window" so it looks like someone is looking at this as a view from another building. Would be cool to me with wood trim.

Oh, if this is a 7" repeat block, they could think you were already drunk on wine with it if you had that as your view, lol. mmmmm I see your problem.