Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

kysmommy2 03-24-2010 09:17 AM

wow..I REALLY love these too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Depends on the type of theme you are looking for though.

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Well I had picked out a bear themed fabric grouping for round 2 but now in looking i have found these two I love....any input??
Hugs
April

LovingIzabella 03-24-2010 09:18 AM

theme? what theme? you mean we are supposed to have a theme??
LOL
Hugs
April

kysmommy2 03-24-2010 09:26 AM

lol! I hear ya! Well, you could go with bears...or...you could go with that beautiful fabric. One would be gorgeous, the other adorable. Since you already have a woodsy quilt...I vote for the other! I love the teal and I love the paisley in the other one. I LOVE paisleys though!

theme? what theme? you mean we are supposed to have a theme??
LOL
Hugs
April

neoma 03-24-2010 11:35 AM

NEOMA LIKIE THE TEAL,GREAT CHOICE APRIL!

ckcowl 03-24-2010 11:52 AM

I am so excited now, i mailed out 6 blocks today, got home finished 3 more, and only have 3 to finish which i plan to do in the morning after i get home from work and i will have them all done!!! yea :) boy, there for a short period of time i didn't think i would ever reach the bottom of my tote bag full of envelopes.
i don't know what everyone is doing with their 'scraps' from this but i put each fabric along with whatever i added back into the original envelope and dropped it into a drawer after i sealed up each finished block ( the people who wanted their scraps back i just kept a little 2" square) so i would have a piece of fabric from each block...i'm going to make the scrappiest of scrappy quilts!!!

STAR 03-24-2010 12:24 PM

ok ladies I am planning on doing 2.0 and have 2 fabrics washed and waiting to be cut but I have aquestion for all of you.How did you choose your fabric?? I wanted to pick a fabric that I really loved but then when looking at all the blocks depending on what the other person adds to them they may not read as "my choice fabric" I am not saying they look bad because I LOVE what I am seeing. I chose 2 fabrics from my stash that I liked, had enough yardage, and would not know how I would use otherwise.

what do you think??

tink121272 03-24-2010 12:53 PM

Well I had picked out a bear themed fabric grouping for round 2 but now in looking i have found these two I love....any input??
Hugs
April

I love them both, the top is my fav but I like the paisley too and the colors are great....
I know Kysmommy2 & Dettonslisa-I am not big on paisley but some I find I actually like...I have even been known to have some in my stash!! lol

MadQuilter 03-24-2010 01:11 PM

Well, I got two more done last night and then I miscalculated my cuts on one of the fabrics. That's what I get for staying up too late. Need to get creative with that block...but I will. It's looking promising that I may make it. Thanks for waiting - you are a sweet bunch.

No April, I will not only send one block.

mistiliz 03-24-2010 01:15 PM

No problem blueribbontoes! :) Whenever it gets here will be fine for me.

sew cornie 03-24-2010 01:24 PM

April, if my 5year old son had a vote, it would be bears all the way! But he's not making the blocks or getting your quilt. LOL. I love the two fabrics you just posted, but bears would be fun too. I guess I'm not really any help after all, huh? After seeing all the blocks that have been posted, I don't think you could go wrong with anything. Everyone does spectacular work!