Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ALCYONE Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-alcyone-group-t225487.html)

Jupiter 07-21-2013 03:57 PM

I received more squishies from:

benndm
NanaKathy55
Terri R....
alikat110

alikat110 07-21-2013 05:28 PM

Just want to remind EVERYONE that this is a 4 month swap. Set your own pace. The deadline is set, and I hope everyone is able to complete the blocks on time....within the 4 MONTH time frame. Don't feel pressured by postings that hint that we are not fast enough. You know what you time obligations are for all of you life commitments. Don't let others in this group push you!

Elisabrat 07-22-2013 02:49 AM

Alikat, I hope you didn't think I was pushing people I would like to think of it as ENCOURAGEMENT and yes people are late in these swaps all the time and so encouragement to work on them and not wait is not a bad thing. The deadline is indeed just that a deadline not a guideline hope you finish in time but oh well if you don't. Sorry if I offended you with my talk.

Gaijin, I used to come home and take a five hour nap. I am pretty tired all the time but a short nap is all I allow myself. I could never get things done if I slept all day three days a week. yikes! I think its the fact they cycle your blood out of your body for hours on end to clean it that wear you out so much. I am always freezing in dialysis but lucky for me they have warm blankets they give us and when they get cold you get another one and boy does that help :)

Today is devoted to a few blocks from here. I wonder whose will be first???

dahna42 07-22-2013 06:18 AM

you are making some beautiful blocks catgirl, I peeked at mine.

alikat110 07-22-2013 09:16 AM

I am an advocate for encouraging members. Commincating this should be worded in an encouraging way. Statements like ...."those that delay" completing the blocks implies intentionally not completing them. I juat think the wording could be tweaked.

benndm 07-22-2013 09:58 AM

I have had a busy weekend. I am sending blocks out today to Alikat110, ArizonaKat, catgirl807, Dahna42, elsabrat, Gaijin, Jupiter, ljdugas, NanaKathy55, Terriamn, and travelinggramma

I have made an album of photos of these blocks that shows on my profile but I do not know how to get the link to appear on my posts.
Can anyone advise me how to do it.

LovingIzabella 07-22-2013 11:18 AM

Hello all
Sorry I have been MIA I was in Ottawa for a work conference and boy was it amazing all around!
I also came home to find out the information on hubby is not good :( We go on Wednesday for him to get 12 shots in his spine. If that doesn't help they are going to go in and burn the nerve endings and if all else fails he is looking at a double fusion :(
I hope you are all doing well. Encouragement is always a good thing but it is also important to not make anyone feel like they have to have their blocks done in two weeks :) I know we all get excited but remember the fun and friendship we make through this swap :D
Hugs
April

benndm 07-22-2013 01:04 PM

I received a F8 from AnneMixon today.

Elisabrat 07-22-2013 01:49 PM

ok I am about done chatting in the group which might be marvelous. There was a specific member in one of my last groups who stated I AM STARTING THIS AFTER THANKSGIVING giving themselves a week or so to finish. Tell me waiting 3.5 months is smart? that was on purpose hence purposely delaying it due to other commitments in life. In the end she was a month late on sending all her blocks out. So I am not making stuff up, I am encouraging I believe and sometimes people need to not just 'fluff' it all over and be real. So with that said I will mail your blocks back to all of you as I complete them and wish you a wonderful swap. I am sure it will all will go as planned.

dahna42 07-22-2013 01:53 PM

Received a beautiful finished block from nanaKathy today, it is beautiful.
also received some F'8's from Gaijin and Annmixon