Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   CHOCOLATE/RASPBERRY BLOCK SWAP - MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1/31/10...Notice page 9! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/chocolate-raspberry-block-swap-must-received-1-31-10-notice-page-9-a-t28454.html)

Belles.hold 03-24-2010 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Alaskasunshine, I am so glad to see you received your blocks, you really had me :( with your sad "no blocks today" posts, but I am delighted to see you have one of mine! I have one of yours too! I am going to pretend you are in Alaska since it took so long for you to receive them, and my block that I made is now someplace I have never been! How fun is that?

wilhelmina, No need to pretend Alaska really is where I am. I love knowing my blocks are also from everywhere. This is soooo cool! :-D I have never been to Oklahoma, but my husbands mom was from Oklahoma. I can't wait to see everyone's quilts from these beautiful blocks.

The block swaps are exciting for at least three reasons; 1) the beautiful colors 2) the wonderful patterns and 3) seeing where each block is from. I sent 24 blocks to the first swap I joined and it was a thrill to see the 22 blocks from different states and countries. Unfortunately in this swap I received six blocks from the same three swappers. Although I appreciate the skill and workwomanship, that meant fewer states & countries to wonder about. Hopefully in the next swap I enter, this will not happen.

wilhelmina 03-24-2010 08:37 PM

Alaskasunshine, I am so glad to see you received your blocks, you really had me :( with your sad "no blocks today" posts, but I am delighted to see you have one of mine! I have one of yours too! I am going to pretend you are in Alaska since it took so long for you to receive them, and my block that I made is now someplace I have never been! How fun is that?

wilhelmina, No need to pretend Alaska really is where I am. I love knowing my blocks are also from everywhere. This is soooo cool! :-D I have never been to Oklahoma, but my husbands mom was from Oklahoma. I can't wait to see everyone's quilts from these beautiful blocks.

Alaskasunshine - Well, based on your screen name, I was fairly sure you were at least from Alaska...but since you are "in hiding" maybe you were someplace different...anyway, I sure would like to see Alaska, my hubby has agreed to take a cruise in Alaska next year! :)

OrchidQuiltFish(OQF) 03-26-2010 03:40 PM

Received my blocks today. They are beautiful, love them. Will post pics as soon as I can.

Colletta

You forgot the stamps in the return envelope. I will mail postage to you next week.

Thank you everyone for participating.

SazuBMidlands 03-27-2010 02:26 AM

I got mine a couple of days ago. Was hoping to post a picture, but camera isnt here right now. Hopefully can post one soon :-)
They're all fabulous though. Just have to work out what to do with them now

alaskasunshine 03-27-2010 10:21 AM

Alaskasunshine - Well, based on your screen name, I was fairly sure you were at least from Alaska...but since you are "in hiding" maybe you were someplace different...anyway, I sure would like to see Alaska, my hubby has agreed to take a cruise in Alaska next year! :)

I would certainly do my best to somehow drive inland. For me walking on a glacier is so much more wonderful than seeing it from a distance. This is such a GORGEOUS place and no photos or videos do it any justice. Guranteed, when you are here you will be on BEAUTY overload. I used to work for a hotel and loved booking itineraries for travelers. Why not get here this year? Cruising is at an all time low. We prefer cruising to the Caribbean and driving here in Alaska. By Ship you are confined to such a time frame and Alaska is too big for tight time tables. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me, I'll do my best to help you out.

Wine Woman 03-27-2010 06:47 PM

Hi everyone! I still have one unamed block on page 32 I posted pictures. In the picture with the two blocks the beauty on the left is a no name. Please tell me who did this beauty and what the name of it is. I so want to label all my blocks!

I have to share something with all of you! I scored so good today and came home with two Featherweights! Yeppers two- one from an estate sale from 1940's with a beautiful scroll plate and a Centenial!! :D I'm so excited to adopt two beauties to add to my other three! I feel like I have two more children. This is so much fun. They are both in excellent condition with their overall appearance being so pretty! They sure are little gems! :thumbup: :thumbup: I scored big time everyone!!!!

KBunn 03-27-2010 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Hi everyone! I still have one unamed block on page 32 I posted pictures. In the picture with the two blocks the beauty on the left is a no name. Please tell me who did this beauty and what the name of it is. I so want to label all my blocks!

I recieved that block in my set. It is labeled Twelve Triangles by Orchidquiltfish

Wine Woman 03-28-2010 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by KBunn

Originally Posted by Wine Woman

I recieved that block in my set. It is labeled Twelve Triangles by Orchidquiltfish

Kbunn, thank you so much for sharing the information.

aberi 03-28-2010 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally I had time to post pictures!!!! This was my very first swap!! All you ladies are so very talented!!! Thank you for the beautiful blocks! I'm going to scan in the little stickys with each of your names on them and reprint them on a label for this quilt !

amma 03-28-2010 09:35 AM

I forgot to post that I received my blocks!!! :D:D:D
Thank you everyone, and thank you Coletta for hosting this swap :D:D:D