Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2013-a-t230696.html)

mdall 11-05-2013 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you a bunch to Grandma Di. Got two great ornaments in the mail today. They are really cute and so appreciated.

Difergie 11-05-2013 02:04 PM

Very cute! Mine are coming, I feel it!

Bullock2us 11-05-2013 03:05 PM

Whew!Mine went out today to two totally different places. Hope they like them!

paintmejudy 11-05-2013 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by mary quilting (Post 6388275)
My mother-in-law ( she was from Poland) filled hers with mushrooms loved them

This was a Ukranian bar, close to Poland, probably pretty much the same recipe.:)

Dedemac 11-05-2013 04:21 PM

Cute mitten and dress, I'm still waiting for one of my packages. Love looking at what everyone else is getting.

lynnie 11-05-2013 06:16 PM

cute ornaments.
I love a sweet filling of potatoes and cheese with sour cream. (I HATE mushrooms, they are fungus).
and I L O V E stuffed cabbage (goulimpki), my gm made it sooo good, so does the polish deli in polish town,
I missed the fair this year, it used to be all polish, last year, it was half Mexican, so not all the foods I was looking forward to. big disappointment. Now that i'm talking about it, I want it. maybe i'll go next weekend, this weekend is a quilt fair about an hour away, can't wait. I'm hoping to find something great there.
maybe an idea for next years ornaments

Crafty Darlene 11-05-2013 07:37 PM

Love the mitten, so very cute! Well, all done with my invitations, but my table looks like a hurricane hit it! Now I'm going to make those cute little snowmen ornaments that light up for all my cousins. Maybe even those fabric boxes if I have time. Everyone have a great night!

owlvamp 11-05-2013 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 6388590)
Thank you for letting me know. I was wondering if you could make them from felt and just stiffen them. So it would hold up better.

I haven't received any ornaments either. So I see a lot has mailed them so maybe just maybe I'll get some in the mail this week.

kiffie2413 11-05-2013 09:02 PM

More and more awesome ornys being posted!! Still waiting to get one, and hear from my partners they received theirs. Heres a hint on one: swap leader....;)
Agree about the mushrooms, geee-ross!! How do you make the stuffed cabbage? My mom makes awesome cabbage rolls, cabbage leaves rolled up and filled with a mix of extra lean ground beef, rice, onions. Stewed in a tomato sauce. I actually wouldn't mind there not being much if any of the ground beef in it..I am not vegetarian, but I'm not a big red meat eater, either. Anyways, is stuffed cabbage similar?
Kif

annt59 11-05-2013 10:11 PM

Thank you QuiltyMom. Cannot take picture but similar to #659. There were 4 of them. Very talented lady.