Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2013-a-t230696.html)

Crafty Darlene 11-05-2013 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 6386619)
How did you make the hat? I love this.

Sandra I bought the hats at Walmart on a little ornament card for small Christmas Trees. They were 3 for $2. I am going to make more but use felt on them. They are tealight candles I got at the Dollar Tree 2 to a pack.

Jamimclaugh 11-05-2013 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene (Post 6386465)
Love your ornaments Quilty-Louise!
I'm going to the PO to mail mine also! Wish I would have posted earlier so my swap partners could have picked which they would have liked. Still hope they comment before I go to the PO.

If it's me I love the snow cubes! The little ear muffs are adorable! The pine comes are cute too. Great job!

Jamimclaugh 11-05-2013 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene (Post 6387895)
Sorry ladies but I am the lucky recipient of that beautiful Joy wall hanging! Thank you so much Rose! I love it! Can't wait to hang it up!

I need one of these that say Noel (daughters middle name)Gorgeous!

tlrnhi 11-05-2013 07:19 AM

I got the cutest ornaments! Little lacy star and origami stars. They aren't going on the tree. I'm going to hang them in my kitchen window. Too cute! I'll try to get a pic .
Thank you so much Dedemac!

Mine should be in the mail tomorrow. I am soooo behind on everything! I promise to tuck in a couple other little goodies to make the wait worth while. So sorry!

mary quilting 11-05-2013 08:30 AM

My mother-in-law ( she was from Poland) filled hers with mushrooms loved them

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 6383209)
Love love love pierogies. Used to get them at a little local bar back in the 60s that had a fish fry every Friday, and you could get pierogies instead of french fried. The women made them from scratch, nothing compares to them, but there is a frozen brand in the grocery stores that isn't bad.

QuilterMomma 11-05-2013 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio (Post 6386704)
ladies, the ornies ALL are so cute and creative. I apologize to my partners. I mailed them but they sure are not up to the level I see here. I really suck (can I say that?) at this! but, they are mailed-this morning. I am going to have to practice or just not join next year. not fishing for sympathy here. save it for my partners. lol my sister said "OH, I COULDA SHOWN YA HOW TO DO THOSE PINECONE ONES" Now she speaks up. sheesh

I am sure we are going to love the just the same. As I tell my kids, did you try your best? You put your best foot forward and that is what matters. I am sure the recipient is going to love them.

Crafty Darlene 11-05-2013 11:08 AM

Swap partners, forgot to tell you that your ornaments are on the way and that they will be there on Thursday. Hope you like them. Off to make some Thanksgiving Invitations for our Family Reunion we always do during Thanksgiving and we also have a little Christmas celebration that next afternoon. This is my extended family, Aunts, Uncles, cousins and of course their Gkids. Lots of Fun! We switch whose house every year. This pass yr (Aug) my Aunt (my Mom's only sister) passed away, so know it will be a hard one for us all! Hope ya'll have a great afternoon!

DJ 11-05-2013 11:11 AM

I've been lurking and drooling over all the ornaments. And the wall hanging is outstanding!

owlvamp 11-05-2013 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene (Post 6387913)
Sandra I bought the hats at Walmart on a little ornament card for small Christmas Trees. They were 3 for $2. I am going to make more but use felt on them. They are tealight candles I got at the Dollar Tree 2 to a pack.

Thank you for letting me know. I was wonderful if you could make them from felt and just stiffen the felt. So it would up better.

lynnie 11-05-2013 12:47 PM

still nothing here. hopefully tomorrow 'll get a surprise in the mail.