Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2014-a-t255220.html)

mdall 11-02-2014 06:29 PM

Dedemac, you can still take a guess, after all if more than one gets it right then we draw from a hat.

mdall 11-02-2014 06:35 PM

Back from 4H meeting along with training and awards. All the kids won something at awards, some more than others. John got 3rd place in state award for his safety poster. Jaxon, first place in county for his safety poster. Justus who was just a Cloverbud and not really eligible for much due to age got his Cloverbud participation certificate and poster contest participation certificate. Javin, racked it up as usual with 2nd place in state and 1st in county for recycling poster, medals for Cattle judging and Project Exhibit, along with best in show for Project Exhibit in both our county and Tri-County.

Goal for next year is to have all kids medal in Projects along with ranking for posters and photography. Each of them also have a few other goals for themselves like Secretary and placing higher in judging contest. They did well and a proud Momma they have.

LoupEsprit 11-02-2014 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one! A thread spool Santa. Made from an old thread spool I found in my great-grandmothers sewing stuff.

mdall 11-02-2014 07:14 PM

Love that Santa. I want one. Must make one.

JuneBillie 11-02-2014 07:19 PM

The Santa is really cute.

Thanks for the nice comments on the bell.

PenniF 11-02-2014 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie (Post 6953926)
Here is the first ornament I made.

It's a bell sitting on surface.

The same bell hanging.

Sooooo cute...."every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings".....lots of wings being given out with this one !!

PenniF 11-02-2014 07:41 PM

Congratulations to all your boys on their successes with 4H, Michelle !!

Cute Santa Megan.

I think the last word was a double on the word "pie".......so i'm going to say "Shepherds"

Oksewnsew 11-02-2014 07:55 PM

WOW, I received a little square box in the mail yesterday - it says it is from the Christmas Elf, IN TEXAS??? I thought elves lived at the North Pole...:D It didn't rattle, so must be well padded.. Now, I'm worse than a kid when it comes to packages, I HAVE to wait until DEC 6th??? My oh my, what shall I do? Oh I know, I'll hide it in my 'new' sewing room, I'll be so busy setting it up and making my Christmas ornaments that I'll forget about it, NOT...hahahaha Thanks to my Elf...

LoupEsprit 11-02-2014 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another peek...

mdall 11-02-2014 08:47 PM

Just a reminder, most of us are participating in other swaps besides this one. In order for partners to keep track of which packages are for what please mark your ornament package as Ornaments Elf, Ornament Workshop, something like that so nothing is confused. I know there have been packages mixed up before and dont things opened before its time.

With that said, it looks like the opening date will be Saturday, Dec. 6th. Hope everyone can hold on that long.