Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2014-a-t255220.html)

LoupEsprit 11-19-2014 07:48 PM

Ironies FINALLY made it into the mail today! (Sent them with DH to be mailed several days ago!)
I don't have any of my childhood xmas decorations. My great grandparents raised me, and the family vultures got rid of EVERYTHING before I could grab any momentos. But I still remember my favorite decoration; it was a plastic santa and reindeer that I would dig out as soon as the tree box came out. I would play with it every day until it was put away after New Years. I can still see it perfectly In my mind.

mdall 11-19-2014 08:19 PM

Time for bed over at this house. Been trying to fight off another cold another day so getting a decent nights sleep and hoping it helps. I do believe I have hit the age where maybe a few vitamins or something may be in order to help boost the ole immune system.

Anyway, hoping everyone is staying safe and warm with this crazy winter weather most of us are having. Its still really cold here but at least the furnace seems to be holding off on going completely so far until we can get the parts for it. Just have to keep talking to it nicely and giving it some attention here and there.

Everyone have a great night and see you sometime tomorrow.

LoupEsprit 11-19-2014 08:26 PM

It's still mild here. Still haven't fired up the furnace. Been sleeping with the windows open!

PenniF 11-19-2014 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 6976403)
It's still mild here. Still haven't fired up the furnace. Been sleeping with the windows open!

Come on now Megan....don't rub it in.....We're supposed to be back up to 70s again this weekend. Fingers crossed. This is CRAZY !! Snow this time of year in N. Texas is just WRONG !! But i like the chill - NOT THE COLD - cuz it makes it feel more like Christmas is coming.

PS... i really like your avatar....i am assuming that is you and your husband....the smiles on your faces make me smile whenever i see it.

annt59 11-19-2014 11:05 PM

I received mine today. Thank you.

Bullock2us 11-20-2014 04:55 AM

The other day it was -10 here. Then the other day it was -30 with the wind chill so there was no school. On the radio Tuesday it said it has not been this cold so early in the winter since 1970 for 48 of the state's including Hawaii. sounds like it is going to be a crazy winter- we have already had 2 snowstorms that the snow has stuck. I don't mind the snow
- I just don't like other drivers in the snow-and I am sure all of you know what I mean! Have a great day all!

LoupEsprit 11-20-2014 11:15 AM

Thanks PenniF. It is my husband and I, and is one of the rare photos he smiled for. He generally won't smile for pictures!

kiffie2413 11-20-2014 11:32 AM

Still cold here, too.
Weatherman on Tuesday talked about just 1 week earlier we were at 82 degrees. Since then we'd had our 1st freeze (low of 2 one morning) and our 1st inch of snow (4 inches out here on our spread).
We're way up in the panhandle area of Texas, where we definitely get Winter.. 2 yrs ago we had a late Spring blizzard blow through..20"+ snow in a 24 hour period...

Though I'm a-whining about it still being cold, I really feel for y'all up where there's feet of snow, and more falling.. Hope it stops soon for y'all!!

And Megan,
You seemed like such a sweet gal, then I read, "Been sleeping with windows open...". You lucky thing!!
And I'm totally teasing you about the "seemed like" part.. I have an um, quirky (okay weird) sense of humor. I know in the Summer when we're 100+ degrees, I whine then, too. Just no pleasing me.
I think a 70 degree day, with some rain every now and again would be terrific...

K
PS Megan,
I just saw your memory of the plastic Santa and reindeer you loved as a child.. My Mom has the set my grandparents bought when her younger brother was 2, in 1945. He died at age 31, my Mom found him.. So the lil set is really dear to her...
It's a lil worse for the wear, but we put it on her mantle every Christmas for her..

Last year I actually found some reindeer that were so similar to the ones that were missing/broken, and I bought them for her. She cried..I cried..

I'm sorry you weren't allowed to get some mementos of your great grandparents and Christmases past. Just cherishing the memories is what we can do, eh?...

ljdugas31 11-20-2014 02:42 PM

I received my ornament today! Thanks cant wait to open it,

roseirish48 11-20-2014 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6976297)
I found you. You know who you are. There are some very sneaky but so nice people on here. Now since I have not had any of you as a partner before that I remember it makes me wonder where you got the addy for me. I do believe I know where that came from also. Smile on my face at the moment and so needed. Thanks again ladies. Waiting, although very impatiently until the 6th. Now onto my R&R for the night. Me and Ian Somerhalder have a hot date on netflix. LOL will check in later.

your addy is no secret to me--known it for couple of years.
I was always told that "bad things come in threes". May be an old wives tale but have found some grains of truth in it. I hate thinking what might be next