Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2014-a-t255220.html)

Dedemac 10-24-2014 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF (Post 6942191)
Absolutely clueless here.....but now i'm think i'm scared to know !!:shock:

It was a tradition started when our girls were little, my DH loves Cheese and fruit. So Santa left cheese in his stocking, you know Havarti, Gruyere, blue, Gruyere, Jarlsberg, Muenster, Blarney Castle, Blue Rathgore, Dubliner, St. Killian, so it had to be kept cold, hence it ended up in the fridge.

PenniF 10-24-2014 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac (Post 6942223)
It was a tradition started when our girls were little, my DH loves Cheese and fruit. So Santa left cheese in his stocking, you know Havarti, Gruyere, blue, Gruyere, Jarlsberg, Muenster, Blarney Castle, Blue Rathgore, Dubliner, St. Killian, so it had to be kept cold, hence it ended up in the fridge.

Awwww....that's sweet !!!!

mdall 10-24-2014 08:08 PM

Well, I have been MIA for a couple of days. Things here have been hectic with homecoming so I apologize for not being here. Well, unfortunately my son did not get homecoming king but they did win the game. I am so proud of not only my son but all the boys. They have one more regular season game next Friday, its Senior night and the water works will most definitely be on. I can not believe that we have one that is a Senior this year. Good practice for the future as we have 5 boys all together.

Its seems while I was gone a new game started that I love, but seeing as how its almost midnight and my brain is dead I cant remember all the questions so here are the ones I can answer.

Number of trees, 1 artificial inside and try to do 1 real outside, favorite cookie is my grandmothers peanut butter blossoms (yummmmmm), yes we drive around to look at lights, our stocking are filled by santa every year, santa gets his favorite Oreos and hot cocoa along with carrots for Rudolph and his gang.

I have a Christmas Village that I have been collecting a new piece for every year for about 15 years now. Its huge once all pieces are out. It takes up the entire top of a large entertainment stand in our living room, of course the houses and such are small at about 4 - 8 inches tall. Ill have to post pics if it gets up before the swap is over. Which lead to my question.

Do you have a Village that up put out for Christmas?

mdall 10-24-2014 08:11 PM

BTW, the first of my ornaments are almost finished, just need the the hangers put on them. Then its onto the second I plan to send out also. Those will have to wait till Monday or Tuesday most likely. Still have the homecoming dance tomorrow night, plus DH is working all weekend so I have all the kids and activities to myself.

LoupEsprit 10-24-2014 08:20 PM

I can crochet a bit, but nothing nearly this nice! Quilting is much more instantly gratifying than crochet for me. :)

JuneBillie 10-24-2014 08:25 PM

Hi mdall, I don't have a village, but do put out many other Christmas items. My dad and mom always collected the villages.

Question: Do you send out Christmas Cards? I do.

mdall 10-24-2014 08:59 PM

I try my hardest to send out cards. In the past couple of years things have been so busy that we only managed to get them out to family but hoping for better this year.

Do you participate in Black Friday? I do mine online.

CookyIN 10-24-2014 09:41 PM

SuziSew, welcome to the swap and to the Quilting Board group! This site is addictive; always something new to learn from all the assembled wisdom. If you ever have a question about quilting, you'll find many ready and able to provide the answers.

Sounds like we may have had the same person sending us an ornament... these secret swaps are so much fun!

Cindy60545 10-25-2014 04:32 AM

Hi all! Sorry I've been missing, but somehow I forgot to subscribe to the thread! GRRR! Couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting notices from it! DUH!!
Been really busy lately. We just finished up our annual quilt show.....7 entries, 8 ribbons! WOOHOO! Then the Crime Fair. Last weekend was just too busy. Then guild met. Somehow this week flew by & just yesterday did this weeks clue on the mystery. Been too busy working on 2 new show quilts that I have to at least have the tops done by mid December.
I've got my 2 ornies ideas, now just have to get them made! I promise they'll get done this week. I've still got to finish one last item for the Secret Santa swap, wrap & get mailed also. I'm shooting to have everything in the mail by Friday.
To answer ??'s: 2 artificial - one in the house & 1 in my studio that I leave up all year with all the ornament swap gifts. Village, yes. Cookies? Spritz. Cards sent? No. Black Friday - no way!

Quilty-Louise 10-25-2014 06:19 AM

Guess I missed the "start" of the questions. But here foes for my answers.

No tree anymore. I have 3 fur kids (cats) who would love nothing more
than to tear it apart.

No village or anything just no room for them.

No stockings hung/filled since the youngest went to college (she is a Senior).

I used to send cards every year, but noticed that I seldom got any in return
so I stopped mailing them. Now I just create a "blanket" email and send it.
I find that I get more responses that way.

Love cookies, but not supposed to have them since I am diabetic.

As for Black Friday? NO! and not only NO but 7734 NO. I did that 1 time
in my life back in 1985. Swore I would never do it again and I haven't.
My sanity and heels don't need the abuse.

Do you cook a large Christmas feast for family & friends?