Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2014-a-t255220.html)

mdall 10-18-2014 03:51 PM

I have decided to challenge myself this year. As we all know the prices of things are just getting ridiculous so here is my challenge. I have decided that I am going to try and only use the items I already have here to make my ornaments. Trust I have a good bit. I will admit I did already buy a container of dressmaker pins, I was out for one of my ornaments planned. I will say that I found them dirt cheap though, $2. With that said I am going to try and not spend anymore other than postage. So let see if anyone else can do this. Who knows maybe this could lead to another type of swap in the future.

Here is a list of what I have to make things more exciting, of course its a short list because lets face it, dont want to crash the system. LOL

Styrofoam balls, just a couple left from last year
stickpins, glue gun, paint, glitter glue, strands of beads, seperae beads (those of you that know me I have tons of these) buttons, garland, berries, and assorted other craft items. Lets see what I can come up with.

Dedemac 10-18-2014 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by mdall (Post 6934121)
I have decided to challenge myself this year. As we all know the prices of things are just getting ridiculous so here is my challenge. I have decided that I am going to try and only use the items I already have here to make my ornaments. Trust I have a good bit. I will admit I did already buy a container of dressmaker pins, I was out for one of my ornaments planned. I will say that I found them dirt cheap though, $2. With that said I am going to try and not spend anymore other than postage. So let see if anyone else can do this. Who knows maybe this could lead to another type of swap in the future.

Here is a list of what I have to make things more exciting, of course its a short list because lets face it, dont want to crash the system. LOL

Styrofoam balls, just a couple left from last year
stickpins, glue gun, paint, glitter glue, strands of beads, seperae beads (those of you that know me I have tons of these) buttons, garland, berries, and assorted other craft items. Lets see what I can come up with.

Do you still have the wooden thread spools?

klaws 10-18-2014 05:15 PM

mdall, I sent you a PM last night but didn't see my name on the list.

mdall 10-18-2014 05:24 PM

Why Dedemac you have a great memory. I have one of those spools left but did receive a box of stuff from my grandmother that has something in it that would work in a similar way. Seriously, what a memory.

mdall 10-18-2014 05:26 PM

klaws, sorry about that, i did get your PM just didnt get your name on list that was posted. Will make sure i add it.

mdall 10-18-2014 05:28 PM

Alrighty, lets see if we can get more of us on here to post. Time for a game. I am gonna write a word. The next person to post must write another word that starts with the last letter in my word, then the person after that continues with the next word. Lets see if we can keep all the words related to Xmas.

Here we go, my word is Christmas.

RedGarnet222 10-18-2014 05:38 PM

Silver bells is one of my favorite Christmas songs. My word is santa.

mdall 10-18-2014 05:48 PM

Updated list.

roseirish48 - 2

CarolinePaj - 2
Bullock2us - 2
Dedemac - 2
ljdugas31 - 2
mdall - 2
Cindy60545 - 2
patchesnposies - 2
PenniF - 2
Kiffie2413 - 2
Tilted Ears - 2
Anastasia - 2
lawsonmugs - 1
paintmejudy - 2
dfelker - 2
Learner747 - 2
nelco - 1
Oksewnsew - 2
ljptexas - 2
Nanakathy55 - 2
materialgrl - 2
Quilty-Loise - 2
Mrs. Shak - 2
Crafty Darlene - 2
Monroe - 1
Quilting Eileen - 1
Suzi Sew - 2
Anoka Quilter - 2
m-fay - 1
jamimclaugh - 2
JuneBillie - 1
RedGarnet22 - 1
klaws - 2

Thats a total of 33.

mdall 10-18-2014 05:49 PM

Well looks like Im next again, a is for Away In A Manger.

Paint and glitter glue has been utilized as well as foam balls and fabric, just not all together, or is it?

klaws 10-18-2014 06:04 PM

I guess I start with R as in Rudolph.