Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2015-a-t270795.html)

SewExtremeSeams 10-29-2015 09:38 AM

DH and I love the The Christmas Story... it's actors, etc. Since 1989 when my kids were mostly teenagers we have watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation... over and over again multiple times throughout Christmas time. So much so my kids would often quote whole sections just in our ordinary conversation. Cousin Eddy especially stands out in my mind. I love all of the other movies.

Thanks for reminding me that chocolate is a vegie. I get terrific headaches from milk chocolate but not from dark chocolate. Go figure. Must be one ingredient difference or something but I am not complaining. LOL

My favorite ornament: hmmm, would have to be the felt 8" ornaments my SIL and I made one year together. They are still holding together and it takes me back to when our kids were little.

Quilty-Louise 10-29-2015 10:31 AM

I have been working on my ornaments this week while on lunch
breaks.

Dedemac 10-29-2015 11:18 AM

Slow day at work, and since no one is looking over my shoulder, I am working on my ornament today. He He..:o Only think is, I forgot my cheaters, so I am having to squint a bit. A Christmas Story is one movie I never got around to watching, I have only watched It's a wonderful life only once. I know I'm bad, we do have the Christmas cartoon pack with Frosty, Rudolph and the rest. DH likes to watch Gremlins this time of year, I just sew during most of it. Time to get back to working on the ornament.

lawsonmugs 10-29-2015 12:37 PM

Sandy, I am from San Francisco. I used to love to go to fishermans wharf and china town to shop. One of my favorite ornaments is a ceramic little penguin my daughter (now aged 46) painted when she was about 7 yrs old. Boy is it ugly. Looks like a bat or Dracula. I love it. She worked so hard on it to get it just right.Now when she sees it on the tree she says Mom one of these days I'm gonna throw that ugly thing away. My other kids give her such a bad time about it when they see it.

lawsonmugs 10-29-2015 12:39 PM

Cooky I remember Lee Wards,are they still around? My mom also made a lot of those ornaments. Love the one you posted.

QuilterMomma 10-29-2015 12:42 PM

I love all those humorous Christmas movies. Not many we do not have. And yes, Christmas Story is one of my favs. Love the little bunny jammas.

tlambing 10-29-2015 01:24 PM

I LOVE Santa ornaments. I have a small collection of pewter santa's that I just adore. But my favorites are the Jim Shore Santa's. Some year I think I may have enough of them to do my entire tree :)

JuneBillie 10-29-2015 01:44 PM

I most remember the little baked and painted ornaments my son made in school when he was little, and then some beaded ones my mom use to make. When me and hubby got married we bought us some of those gold ones with the year engraved on them.

Susan

RedGarnet222 10-29-2015 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another type of ornament I enjoy each year are the white house ornaments my sister in law sends every year. They are really nice and represent a particular president that was in office. (not the president in office) They are sold every year as a commemorative piece. If you google White House Christmas ornaments, they will come up and you can go to check them all out. You can buy the years back ones too. A really cool gift to receive. They are made of tin I think. Here is one of them.

dotcomdtcm 10-29-2015 03:09 PM

My late Mom made apples from styrofoam balls covered with ribbon and bunches of grapes from tiny glass balls.
We usually hand Grandma's ornaments first.