Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2015-a-t270795.html)

CookyIN 10-29-2015 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 7360043)
Cooky I remember Lee Wards,are they still around? My mom also made a lot of those ornaments. Love the one you posted.

I did a Bing search and found that LW is now Michael's. I remember once in the 70s we went to St. Louis for a day trip and stopped at a LW store. I think it was in the big mall that had the Famous Barr store. I'd love to time travel back and look around that store now!

TPr9258 10-29-2015 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by pyffer3 (Post 7359588)
I finished my ornament(s) last night. I want to send a little candy too, but don't know what kind (if any). Anybody want to give me suggestions on what you like......you might be my sendee!!!!!

II am simple and safe, everyday Hersehy choc bars are my favorite and when I want something special its white choc but that isn't easy to find, especially since I have allergy to all nuts, peanuts are not a nut, then it makes the list even shorter

RedGarnet222 10-29-2015 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 7360155)
My late Mom made apples from styrofoam balls covered with ribbon and bunches of grapes from tiny glass balls.
We usually hand Grandma's ornaments first.

My mom always had a pedestal crystal bowl on her dining table with fake fruit in it. I have it now in the china cabinet. I loved that look, such a southern hospitality look with the pineapples.

She always had hand embroidered tea towels in the kitchen too.

roseirish48 10-29-2015 06:53 PM

havent finished the wall hanging yet. i have to quilt the background and not sure how I want to do it. i thought of a meander but that striking me as very interesting. Ana suggested a leaf pattern but that isnt striking a chord either. i have thought of music clefs, holly leaves and berries---or maybe i should quilt the notes of a Xmas hymn across the top--something like Silent NIght----hhhmmmmmmmmm

owlvamp 10-29-2015 07:13 PM

I don't post a lot sorry ladies.
My favorite candy bar is peanut butter cups and Hershey kisses. I love Mickey Mouse and love the color red , black yellow and blue.But whatever my partner sends me I will love.

immemother 10-29-2015 09:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here is a sneak-peak at the fabrics that my ornament will have:

Robinlee 10-30-2015 06:55 AM

2015 Christmas Ornament

1 Attachment(s)
Received my Ornament............that was quick. Love it all. I made the ornament a couple years ago. Very easy. And I love Snowmen, so the postcard will fit in with my Snowman décor.
Thanks Becky W. Not sure what her "Id" is on here.

rwquilts 10-30-2015 08:39 AM

inmemother, your fabrics are soo pretty!

Robinlee, your goodies are soo nice! I am a little confused...I thought we weren't supposed to open them before the agreed upon date? ****Hint to whomever is sending to me...you might not want to send a package too early...it might be too tempting? LOL!

Favorite ornaments??? That's a hard one! Growing up, we didn't really have tons of ornaments on our tree...mostly glass ball ornaments? And of course we also had in addition to the big lights that got too hot, we also had bubble lights...do any of you remember those??? I loved them!

I am still waiting a bit to decide exactly what I'm sending...keeps it fun for me. :)

SewExtremeSeams 10-30-2015 08:58 AM

Me, me, me... I remember bubble lights. I had forgotten about them. Anyone remember ribbon candy? They just don't make it like that anymore.

Nelco 10-30-2015 09:01 AM

Still working on mine