Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2015-a-t270795.html)

RedGarnet222 10-30-2015 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Robinlee (Post 7360812)
Received my Ornament............that was quick. Love it all. I made the ornament a couple years ago. Very easy. And I love Snowmen, so the postcard will fit in with my Snowman décor.
Thanks Becky W. Not sure what her "Id" is on here.

What a cute package you got, Robinlee! (Her name is becky w on the board.) I bet you could hang that snowman card on your tree too like the Victorians did years ago. Is it hand embroidered?

jaba 10-30-2015 09:39 AM

CookyIN, I was debating on whether to send that again or something else. Guess it's kind of my "signature" thing huh?.
I received a beaded ornament last year, they are so pretty. I ordered a kit that makes 4 to do some more of them from Herrschners. Let me tell you I have a whole new appreciation for them. Put one together this last week and it took me 7 hours and that was only 1 ornament.....still have the other 3 to go. At this rate maybe I'll get them done within the next 3 -4 years.
I remember the bubble lights too, always on my Mother's tree. I use to sit as a little girl and just watch them, great memories

RedGarnet222 10-30-2015 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished mine yesterday for my swap gal. I will be sending it off at the beginning of the week. Happy days ladies!

Guess what is coming up quick?

Monale 10-30-2015 09:51 AM

Packed my ornament today, will go to the post office either tomorrow or Monday! I'm sending from overseas, but there should still be plenty of time for it to arrive before 6 December.

RedGarnet222 10-30-2015 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Monale for the heads up! Everyone sending to overseas whether it is from here to there or there to here should be mailing very soon so they get their ornament by the party.

lawsonmugs 10-30-2015 11:48 AM

RobinLee what an adorable ornament. I love the postcard. I would hang it on the tree too. I remember the bubbling lights and also we had glass ornaments that were different shapes and painted. We had a Santa a train engine,a snowman even a stocking. I've seen some made of plastic to look like them. Not bad but just not the same.

klaws 10-30-2015 01:04 PM

I remember bubble lights and ribbon candy. Fond memories from when I was little. When I was in my teens, my parents had one of those aluminum trees with the rotating colored spot lights. Yuck! :p

CookyIN 10-30-2015 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7360973)
CookyIN, I was debating on whether to send that again or something else. Guess it's kind of my "signature" thing huh?

Well I can tell you I sure love mine!

CookyIN 10-30-2015 01:32 PM

I think there's a company in the USA that still makes ribbon candy using the old mechanical device. I saw it on Martha Stewart once. They stretch out the candy and then run it through a hand turned machine -- the handle is similar to that of a hand crank sewing machine -- that crimps a perfect ribbon. I'm pretty sure I saw some of it in Cracker Barrel a few weeks ago.

MizMelly 10-30-2015 01:56 PM

I just purchased a new artificial tree! This one wasn't cheap but it looks like a real tree, not like most of the trees I've seen for sale locally. I can't wait to get it!! And I'll have a new ornament to put on it too!!

On another note, I am allergic to chocolate, so please don't send any my way. I love licorice!