Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas ornament swap 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2015-a-t270795.html)

Robinlee 10-30-2015 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 7360934)
inmemother, your fabrics are soo pretty!

Robinlee, your goodies are soo nice! I am a little confused...I thought we weren't supposed to open them before the agreed upon date? ****Hint to whomever is sending to me...you might not want to send a package too early...it might be too tempting? LOL!

Favorite ornaments??? That's a hard one! Growing up, we didn't really have tons of ornaments on our tree...mostly glass ball ornaments? And of course we also had in addition to the big lights that got too hot, we also had bubble lights...do any of you remember those??? I loved them!

I am still waiting a bit to decide exactly what I'm sending...keeps it fun for me. :)

OK......I guess I JUMP THE GUN on this one. As the teacher here.....I sent myself to my room with NO SUPPER and NO Halloween candy! I am so sorry Secret Santa's. Did not mean to do this. I was so excited that I got a package I didn't even think about the what was in it, just needed to open it. And to take a picture. My students get excited too and they want to do a secret Santa in my FCS\FACS classes. I will need to remind them to not give till a day or so ahead of reveal date. And that would be because that are just as impatient as I am. Please accept my apology and I promise to follow the rules for my other swaps.

Happy Halloween

Robinlee

Dedemac 10-30-2015 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams (Post 7360944)
Me, me, me... I remember bubble lights. I had forgotten about them. Anyone remember ribbon candy? They just don't make it like that anymore.

I loved ribbon candy, there is a place around her that sells it at Christmas and I loved the bubble lights. My favorite were the glass birds that had the clip for the feet. Any one remember sponge candy at Christmas??? That good foam candy covered in chocolate?

Almost have the first half done, should have it finished this weekend.

Oksewnsew 10-30-2015 05:56 PM

Robinlee, don't feel bad - it's hard to wait to open a package, been there done that before. Just think, you get to enjoy looking at your goodies longer than others. :thumbup: Go get you a snack and eat some chocolate and don't give it another thought. :)

jaba 10-30-2015 06:33 PM

My sentiments too Robinlee, there is no hard and fast rule that you can't open when you receive. Enjoy it for a longer time.

TPr9258 10-30-2015 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here we go girls, we still had them on our tree last year, they were my mom's favorite
[ATTACH=CONFIG]534584[/ATTACH]

RedGarnet222 10-30-2015 07:11 PM

Love those lights! I remember laying under the tree waiting for them to begin bubbling. So much fun for me and my siblings.
Dedemac, I have a set of china birds you slip over the lights and clip onto the branches I bought at the Biltmore House in the Asheville, NC area. They look like baby ones all fat and cute.

CookyIN 10-30-2015 09:42 PM

Red, I got to see Biltmore House at Christmas, and it was lovely. I can't believe how many volunteers it must have taken to do all those trees. We stayed at Grove Park Inn which was a treat in itself. In addition to the beautiful inn, they had just completed the gingerbread competition and all of the entries were still on display. Just let me say... I'll stick to creating with fabric!

RedGarnet222 10-31-2015 01:41 AM

I loved all the artistic offerings in the Biltmore area. Such talent was fostered there. I too stayed at Grove Park Inn. Small world, Cooky.

ctyankee 10-31-2015 06:32 AM

Wow, ladies, I had pages & pages to read through! I didn't think I was AWOL -- but I must've been!

TPr9258 -- My favorite is also Hershey's; hubby's is Cadbury's, but he grew up in Ireland & I grew up here, & I keep telling him that Hershey's is the Great American Chocolate Bar. (Chocolate is my favorite food group!)

I remember ribbon candy fondly. I even bought some last year but didn't eat any. I never heard of bubble lights & I don't recall seeing them, ever.

My favorite ornaments are always the handmade ones. I have one Jim Short ornament, Santa on a reindeer (I collect Santas).

Robinlee -- Your ornament is very cute; I've been wanting to make those myself. And I love your snowman -- I would hang it on the tree also. Or, hang him on the wall where you do your beautiful embroidery.

ctyankee 10-31-2015 06:36 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that I have one ornament ready. But I'm thinking of a second one; I sent two last year. And chocolate. Hope my partner isn't allergic. Last month, for a different swap, I sent someone chocolate & it turns out she's allergic. I felt very bad about that, since I certainly would've preferred to send her something she could enjoy! But I notice that many people don't really give info on their About Me page. Even simple things -- like allergies & favorite colors. Well ... c'est la vie.