Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2016 is Open for Enrollment!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2016-open-enrollment-t281819.html)

Bullock2us 10-26-2016 04:14 AM

Such cute ornament ideas everyone!

Anoka Quilter 10-26-2016 09:30 AM

BettyJ, what a great angel.

Red, love the little owls.

Still plenty of time to be in on the prize drawing. So do not delay and post your ornament pattern today.

NZquilter 10-26-2016 11:39 AM

Just finished my ornament for my partner! I'm really pleased with how it turned out, I must say.

RedGarnet222 10-27-2016 06:20 AM

I am just wondering here what you all love to put onto your tree. I really enjoy all types of ornaments from angels to old mercury type painted bulbs and baubles. There is a set of bisque birds I got in north carolina I really love. About ten years worth of the White House ones, and my all time favorites, small frames of friends and family members. I gave up on using garland, I never could get it straightly hung. Also the hanging metal strands do not make an appearance on my tree anymore either. I got tired of finding it here and there during the year no matter how hard I tried to keep it all together on the tree. Tell us your favorites too!

Quilty-Louise 10-27-2016 06:34 AM

RedGarnet - Quilt putting up a tree when I moved back to my home state
18 years ago. Plus with all my cats (I had as many as 4) I didn't trust them
NOT to wreck havoc with the tree, ornaments or try climbing it.

We are now down to just 1 fur kid and she is 10 years. I am thinking about
making a "flat" tree. It will be a wall hanging, but in the shape of a tree, and
it will be able to hold my flat ornaments on it.

Know how I want it to look just not sure of how to execute the the idea from
brain to paper than onto fabric.

dotcomdtcm 10-27-2016 08:25 AM

I have boxes and boxes or ornaments. This year I am giving all the anonymous glass balls to charity.
I think there was a year when my girls wanted pink and lavendar... you know. I hang any ornament that has meaning.
Mom made apples out of ribbon and grapes out of tiny glass balls. There are all the ones my kids made. White lights, big tree. My kids' Dad is Jewish, so they each have a menorah . Tradition!

terriamn 10-27-2016 11:15 AM

Red I just plain love Christmas, our tree has some beautiful glass ornaments my SIL gave us one year. I put them up if they break they break, have ornaments the kids and grandkids made, when we travel I try to find an ornament from that area. Have quilting ornaments, wood ornaments, angels, a special Christmas story lamp ornament and embroidered ornaments from my last year's swap partner and Santa's I just love them all. My father in law who has long since passed loved cardinals so of course we have a few of them that take front and center stage. Good thing we have a big tree <veg>

Quilty-Louise 10-27-2016 12:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have been working on some new ornaments today.

The first photo is the start of two, but having to wait for the
glue to dry before going any further with them.

The next photo is a "rag" ball that I made for my sister. Her
favorite is purple and her tree is decorated in ALL things handmade.
Hope she likes this, it is the first time I did one like this. Really was
surprised at how fast and easy it was to make. This only measures
about 2-1/2 inches.

The last photo shows the fabric I used for the ball ornament.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561145[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561146[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561147[/ATTACH]

klaws 10-27-2016 03:38 PM

I have 2 trees. The big one is in my living room and is decorated in red and gold but I usually add some handmade ornaments to it also. The smaller tree is in my Florida room and has all my Santa ornaments and other handmade ornaments. I love decorating for Christmas. It's my favorite time of year. :)

RedGarnet222 10-27-2016 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 7686362)
RedGarnet - Quilt putting up a tree when I moved back to my home state
18 years ago. Plus with all my cats (I had as many as 4) I didn't trust them
NOT to wreck havoc with the tree, ornaments or try climbing it.

We are now down to just 1 fur kid and she is 10 years. I am thinking about
making a "flat" tree. It will be a wall hanging, but in the shape of a tree, and
it will be able to hold my flat ornaments on it.

Know how I want it to look just not sure of how to execute the the idea from
brain to paper than onto fabric.

Louise,
Do you paper piece? There are some pretty neat ones you could buy the pattern for. I made one for our family room last year and it was really fun to do. I saw a set of the ornaments and tree at nancy's notions when I got my new catalog. I think there are others on the market now too. You could google it or check on ebay to find one you like. It is a great idea and I enjoy the one I made.