Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Christmas Ornament Swap 2016 is Open for Enrollment!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/christmas-ornament-swap-2016-open-enrollment-t281819.html)

lynnie 10-28-2016 07:37 PM

I love the Easter tree idea. Very cute

Betty J 10-28-2016 08:12 PM

K-Roll, I love your Polish Star. Have never seen one like that before. thank you for sharing the link.

RedGarnet222 10-29-2016 08:01 AM

I loved the video too k roll. I then proceeded to watch a few more there and ended up there for a hour! It was very fun.

roseirish48 10-29-2016 05:51 PM

spent all afternoon working on my ornament just trying to sew a few seams.I have lost the points but at least i did it consistently.

jacquie 10-31-2016 01:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finished my ornament yesterday it's 'sew' cute!! I love it!!
Here is a teaser picture... I'll put a full picture on too if everyone thinks I should...
Hugs all, Jacquie xxx

dotcomdtcm 10-31-2016 04:13 AM

I tried the folded star. Took me a while to catch on. I think I will heavily starch the strips and press along the way.
Very pretty.

Anoka Quilter 10-31-2016 08:07 AM

Happy Halloween everyone....hope you all have a wonderfully spooky day.

I have been away from the board for a few days due to the Anoka Halloween celebration. In case you didn't know Anoka, MN is the Halloween Capital of the World and does this up really big. We have graveyard tours, two parades, one Friday night and one on Saturday, and tons of other activities. Since my husband has his own business we get pretty wrapped up in the going on that happen around Halloween in Anoka, which doesn't leave me much time for the computer.

So just a couple things for now, and later on when I get home tonight I will announce the winner of our contest and post the next contest.

Please remember the following when mailing your packages....
* This is a random swap. Just because you have someone's name it does not mean they have yours.
* Please notify me via PM when mailed and received. If you just post on the board this information may be missed.
* Make sure to put "Ornament Swap" on your package. Many people are involved in various swaps, or if you are one of the contest winners you may just have a package from me. By making the package "Ornament Swap" people will know to hold off until the open date of December 2nd.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun day.

Nelco 10-31-2016 08:16 AM

I should have mine in the mail be end of week as it has to go far, far away.

sewbizgirl 10-31-2016 08:41 AM

Ornaments are half done and it's good to know who they will go to.

I'm in Memphis with my kids this weekend and it's pretty Halloweeny here too! We went to "Flick or Treat" at the botanical gardens Friday night (food, trick or treating and they show movies outdoors on a big inflatable screen), and also the Zombie Hunt at Shelby Farms. We rode the truck and trailer that was outfitted with paintball guns and shot the zombies as they came out of the woods. Fun! Last night we carved pumpkins and made the trick or treat bags for tonight. So much fun.

RedGarnet222 10-31-2016 11:24 AM

Hubby is taking my ornament package (and four other unrelated to this swap mailing packages) to the main post office in town for me right now. It should be there in a couple days. I didn't put on it any ornament swap information, so I hope she realizes it is the swap we are in now. I know her pretty well, so she might miss that fact and open it. So girls don't open anything from me! Okay? Unless you want to that is.... LOL!

Today is Nevada Day for us. It is the day we joined the United States as a state. Lots going on around here too.