Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed - "Holiday Winter Wonderland" November 2011- 10.5 Layer Cake Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-holiday-winter-wonderland-november-2011-10-5-layer-cake-swap-t166929.html)

sapdoggie 11-19-2011 11:16 PM

And of course the "princess" rules - :D

Now Luv- if you get a merry-go-round we would have to rescue you from all that dizzy Lizzy syndrome. Of course, if you go the Tin Lizzie and all the bells and whistles - we would no see you at all :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As for my list - just a few extra "quiet" hours would be nice and a redesigned sewing room ( without the two year old's bed in it ) and of course CHOCOLATE :cool:

grandme26 11-20-2011 11:13 AM

:thumbup: I'm Here just busy making squares and playing with my GO and sewing machine.:thumbup::p Waiting to see all the pretty Christmas fabric! I will be able to start early this year on next years Christmas decorations,:thumbup:

grandme26 11-20-2011 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 4700543)
My favorite - and still today- is the merry go round.. I keep asking Hubby to get one for our lil princess so she can spin ME around!! Lol.

Ugh- I'm so not ready for the holiday.. I need another month or two. I took our princess to toys r us and gave her my phone to take picks of what Santa should bring her .. Geeeeeeeez her list is long !!! I only want one thing... I'm easy... A brand new long arm with table and all bells and whistles.. See???? I'm easy !!

YOUR PRINCESS RULES. IF YOU GET A LONG ARM I WILL BE A FREQUENT VISITOR :p:thumbup:;):):hunf:

sapdoggie 11-20-2011 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by grandme26 (Post 4702141)
YOUR PRINCESS RULES. IF YOU GET A LONG ARM I WILL BE A FREQUENT VISITOR :p:thumbup:;):):hunf:

ME -TOO - Do you have room for all of us to visit? Imagine how much trouble -QUILTING- WE COULD DO !!!!!!!!!!!!

luvTooQuilt 11-20-2011 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie (Post 4700549)
And of course the "princess" rules - :D

Now Luv- if you get a merry-go-round we would have to rescue you from all that dizzy Lizzy syndrome. Of course, if you go the Tin Lizzie and all the bells and whistles - we would no see you at all :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As for my list - just a few extra "quiet" hours would be nice and a redesigned sewing room ( without the two year old's bed in it ) and of course CHOCOLATE :cool:

Originally Posted by grandme26 (Post 4702129)
:thumbup: I'm Here just busy making squares and playing with my GO and sewing machine.:thumbup::p Waiting to see all the pretty Christmas fabric! I will be able to start early this year on next years Christmas decorations,:thumbup:

Now Ive been looking at the Innova 22... hubbie likes the gammil- I just dont see the difference ( only in price) but i dont know if any dealers close to me to be able to service if I get one.. So who knows...

Grandme26- I have a GO too! I love mine.. Ive most dies ( minus the recent appliques) I dont like the strips, I can cut them faster with the rotary. But I love the 2x2, rectangle and the tumblers the best.. RECENTLY use the 8in rag, OMG i cannot imagine cutting the rag ends by hand.. !!!! Went together pretty smoothly and fast.. but it sure does eat up the mat... Glad I have back up mats to the back up mats... :thumbup:

luvTooQuilt 11-20-2011 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie (Post 4702208)
ME -TOO - Do you have room for all of us to visit? Imagine how much trouble -QUILTING- WE COULD DO !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a spare room turned sewing room... and the long arm would take up one of the other two spare guest rooms. But if I put the daybed in there it can still double as a guest room if need be.. Hey- for a long Arm I WILL MAKE DO !!! I have a rotary mat on the formal dining room hidden by a formal tablecloth so no one knows its there.. lol.. So if I need to cut larger items I use that mat.. its pretty big table- seats 8-10 and my mat fits it perfectly like it was made for it.. lol.. I recently had a friend come over to show me and another lady how to make a tote.. we had plenty of room..

Ive been making up easy peasy tops to practice IF i get a long arm for Christmas.. Trying to use up my scraps and make room in my sewing..

sapdoggie 11-20-2011 12:03 PM

Sounds like a grand idea Luv. Of course the long arm will be in 24 hour operation mode, so one can

sleep, one can quilt :thumbup: :thumbup:

You will have all of your swap squares assembled and ready to quilt !!!!!!!!!!!!!

luvTooQuilt 11-20-2011 04:49 PM

I just finished picking, washing, peeling, and chopping, and cooking a 10 gal bucket of pears... I will freeze the pulp for future pear jam when i run out of stock in my cellar.. I have enough pulp to make at least 6 batches of pear jam .. Whoo Hoo.. !!!!!

sapdoggie 11-20-2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 4703266)
I just finished picking, washing, peeling, and chopping, and cooking a 10 gal bucket of pears... I will freeze the pulp for future pear jam when i run out of stock in my cellar.. I have enough pulp to make at least 6 batches of pear jam .. Whoo Hoo.. !!!!!

YUMMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had pear trees in TX and pear jelly, pear butter and pear cobbler all winter. I fondly remember making strawberry and peach preserves with my aunt and cousins in IN.

Yosamitesa 11-21-2011 09:36 AM

I am totally making chocolate truffles tonight. If they turn out...I'll share the recipe!!! :)