Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed - "Holiday Winter Wonderland" November 2011- 10.5 Layer Cake Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-holiday-winter-wonderland-november-2011-10-5-layer-cake-swap-t166929.html)

sharon b 12-08-2011 07:42 PM

By the way I love your pot mitts ! Did you have a pattern or just design them yourself ?

sapdoggie 12-08-2011 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 4764452)
Sure sounds like it... Greedy (*beeeeeeeeep)

I wanted something sweet, but not candy so I made chocolate Chip pancakes.. Probably the closest to cake I could get.. lol. they were YUMMMMMMMMY !!!! I should be doing laundry, or sewing but im sitting on my behind surfing the web... Butt is getting sore for sitting so long.. Funny thing, it doesnt bother me in my sewing chair.. I guess its one of those things that make you go 'hmmm...'

Silly girl - surf the web while siting on your sewing chair :D :D

luvTooQuilt 12-08-2011 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4764459)
By the way I love your pot mitts ! Did you have a pattern or just design them yourself ?

Instructions:

Slap them together -right side to right side with another one folded in half fold in the center laying between them on top of one layer of Insul-brite and 2 layers of cotton batting- stitch all the way around leaving a 2-3 inch opening to 'birth' them.. birth them and Iron to get them to lay flat.. iron under opening and stitch all the way around for a clean edge and closing the 'birthing' hole.. and there u have it..

luvTooQuilt 12-08-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie (Post 4764503)

Silly girl - surf the web while siting on your sewing chair :D :D

then where would i put my sewing machine !?!?!?!? id have to move it to make room for my laptop smartypants !!!!

sharon b 12-08-2011 08:14 PM

Oh Luv Thanks !!!! By the way I have a letter :rolleyes: to put in the mail to you can you PM me where you want me to send it - house or PO Box ?

luvTooQuilt 12-08-2011 08:19 PM

hubby just called- good news...

I was suppose to be in Washington DC with hubby.. We were told that the 'head' guys were required to attend the conference but strongly suggested to bring spouses/sig others to have fun and take in the sights .. Well my dad fell and they couldn't come to watch my turtle so my trip was cancelled but hubby HAD to go to the conf.. I get a call today ( facetime on Iphone) that hubby was awarded a Rolex by the company.. it was a surprise banquet... he was the 'Man of the year'.. How cool is that??? I was given mention as well by the Pres of the company, the Vice, the CEO and CFO for thier graditude for putting up with long hours and many unexpected travels.. it was all recorded for me so I can see.. They will be sending me a copy of the 'speeches' and speakers... a lil birdie told me hubby was choking back the tears of gratitude.. Im disappointed i missed it but apparently the Powers that Be thought I needed to say home...

luvTooQuilt 12-08-2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4764536)
Oh Luv Thanks !!!! By the way I have a letter :rolleyes: to put in the mail to you can you PM me where you want me to send it - house or PO Box ?

letters to house. boxes to po.. too much thievery goin around these days..

sharon b 12-08-2011 08:24 PM

Luv- How awesome ! So sorry you had to miss it :( but at least you will see it again and again :thumbup: How thoughtful of them to tape it for you - and a Rolex WOW !!!! Tell him CONGRATS from all of us

luvTooQuilt 12-08-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4764559)
Luv- How awesome ! So sorry you had to miss it :( but at least you will see it again and again :thumbup: How thoughtful of them to tape it for you - and a Rolex WOW !!!! Tell him CONGRATS from all of us

I would of handed it back and said " Innova 22 inch please !! "

lol... yea, he was gleaming and glowing.. they had quite a few speakers say all these good things about him too, obviously he need to be deflated a lil when he gets home.. No way Im taking the Puffy chest syndrome around here !!! lol.. nah, hes been busting his butt- he deserves it.. and Im glad they acknowledged all that he does..

luvTooQuilt 12-08-2011 08:37 PM

Geeeeez, I only need 2 more posts on the other thread and I end the agony of the PIF... Good grief !!! Really !!! is it THAT difficult to pay it forward ?!???!?!?!? So much for the SPIRIT of Christmas.. Holy Beeegeeezers !!