Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Closed- Summer MerryGoRound Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/closed-summer-merrygoround-block-swap-t184615.html)

DoriDeS 05-21-2012 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins (Post 5232852)
Dori, your red floral is like my blue floral......from Connecting Threads? Nice block!

Deb I don't think it is connecting threads...I think I bought it years ago in the back of a little store in Grace, Idaho lolol

DoriDeS 05-21-2012 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5233168)
@DoriD...LOOK LOOK she admitted on her own... two more swaps and I had nothing to do with it.... now... WHICH ONES...DO I WANNA DO THEM TOO????

@Fraew I wanna be just like YOU when I grow up!!!

@Deb...<3 your swaps!!! And LOVE this block...I think I said that before...

SheriR you are so making me lololol I signed up for Siggie Swap 2012 and Wonky Log Cabin Fall Colors....Was sitting at work looking all over the quilt board and they both looked like way fun!!!! I have lots of scraps and they are both going to use scraps :o) really sis you need to do them both with me hahaha :o)

Deb watkins 05-22-2012 09:18 AM

Well, then it must be a good fabric and pattern line, cus I KNOW it is from the same 'family'! haha youself.

QuilterMomma 05-23-2012 03:10 PM

Dori, why are you buying fabric in the "back" of a little store?

SheriR 05-24-2012 10:39 AM

WooHoo!!! My two sets will go out in today's mail! And Deb, I sent extra postage JUST IN CASE you get extra scrap strips for me. :D <3 Thank you for such a pretty block.

DoriDeS 05-24-2012 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5238269)
Dori, why are you buying fabric in the "back" of a little store?

QuilterMomma lol my sweet mother took me to this little town and said "They have the best fabric store!" Ha was like walking back in time. They had one of those great big old cash registers and old clothes and such. Things that I am sure they have had for sale for over 75 years or so lolol. In the back of the store in the corner they had fabric...lol My mother was so excited that she remembered where it was that I had to buy something. Was a fun day lolol Oh and they had those old fabric measure things..you know the ones that they put the fabric in and pull it threw to measure it and then it makes a cut for you. Then you lay it down and cut it off the bolt...do you remember those. Haven't seen them in years lolol

Deb watkins 05-24-2012 06:38 PM

Dori, your blocks came today. such nice work.

sharon b 05-24-2012 07:57 PM

Dori- I was just at an Amish store the beginning of May that had one of those to measure fabric - brought back memories :)

Deb watkins 05-26-2012 01:32 PM

And Lisa's are ready to be shipped as well! Wow, you girls are really getting these in early! Not due till June 30...HOWEVER...PLEASE NOTE THIS. I will be going out of the country from July 4th to July 18th. I will be swapping out all blocks and shipping by July 3rd. Please make sure your blocks are at my house by SATURDAY JUNE 30! I am absolutely firm about this (though I have been a little more generous in the past swaps) as I know no one wants to wait till July 20th for them to arrive. So.....ladies, PLEASE BE PROMPT! There is a wide selection and variation of fabric for this swap......sew excited!

sharon b 05-26-2012 06:15 PM

Finishing up my Boom Blocks and then these are next on the list :) have all the fabrics picked out and if what everyone says is true should have these done in a week ?????