Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Dates Changed - 10.5" Layer Cake Squares Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/dates-changed-10-5-layer-cake-squares-swap-t302662.html)

redstilettos 03-04-2019 08:30 AM

Okay, folks. Sorry for the delay in posting. We didn't have power yesterday. Thank goodness for a prepared hubby. We ran the furnace of a kobbled together generator running off hubby's lawn tractor. He is a good MacGyver! With windchills below zero yesterday we needed it!

I mailed everyone's packages on Saturday, so you should be receiving them soon! What a great way to beat the winter blues than to run through new and fun fabrics. So many new ones I have never seen before. That's the great thing about these swaps :)

I promised to have feedback by yesterday, but I'm begging for mercy and promise to get to it after work tonight. I'm good for it I promise! :D

zozee 03-04-2019 11:31 AM

I got mine today! What fun! I’ll post pictures and reveal which 6 members’ goidies ended up with me!

And I’d love to know who got mine!

redstilettos 03-04-2019 12:18 PM

zozee, you got yours already? WOW~ That's service~! The post office didn't open until 8:30, and I was there at 8:15. Waiting. She was still unlocking her window when I started pulling all the packages out of the bag. LOL

I should have taken a picture of mine. That's a good idea. I won't be able to do that until Friday, when I get back up to the cabin where my sewing stuff is. I'm pretty certain I got one of Zo's though....

Queenbarbiej 03-04-2019 12:35 PM

According to usps my pacakage is out for delivery. It should be waiting for me when I get home. It feels like Christmas. Between the 9 patch swap I did, The layer cake swap, and buying fabric online It has been a wonderful and fun weekend.

marietta 03-04-2019 03:45 PM

Received my package today also !! Can't wait to open and go thru them.

zozee 03-04-2019 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609734[/ATTACH]

Okay, here's my delightful batch of 6. I got layer cakes from Batik54, RedStilettos, moonrise,marietta,sunrise, and peaceandjoy. (I am tickled about getting both sunrise and moonrise--LOL. Sounds like I should be busy from dawn till dusk, right?)

Now to unzip the baggies and have a feast for the eyes and imagination!

moonrise 03-04-2019 06:24 PM

Got mine this morning! I flipped through them quickly before I had to go to bed, but now I'm up and can't wait to pet each one as soon as my caffeine kicks in! :D

zozee 03-04-2019 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought it'd be fun to pick a favorite piece from each layer cake and post it here.

From sunrise, because I love birds, branches, and this colorway--

[ATTACH=CONFIG]609736[/ATTACH]

zozee 03-04-2019 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609739[/ATTACH]
Because...dots! And the colors!

zozee 03-04-2019 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]609740[/ATTACH]

A jolly sewing print that includes some birds, too. :)