Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/doll-quilt-swap-50-october-2013-sign-up-here-t230888.html)

dabbler312 10-06-2013 09:09 AM

I love color - I believe if you're ever in a funk it's best to visit a quilt shop and boost your color sensors - how can you not enjoy color?

Today is my baby's 30th birthday - she's been camping this past weekend and didn't know what she wanted to do for her birthday so we aren't having a party - big sigh - no birthday cake today - darn.

kiffie2413 10-06-2013 11:18 AM

Quilty-Louise,
Hope your feeling better, even a lil bit...from what Mooretll says sounds like that "crud" likes to hang around :thumbdown:

Grandma Di,
Great your dq is almost done! Hope your dad is doing better...the decisions we sometimes have to make about our parents as they get older sure aren't easy ones..will keep you and your family in prayer.

Dab,
It's great to know our grown "kids" are happy, but sometimes we parents missing their younger fun stuff happens, too...and cake, oh my...I love cake!! Maybe you can get a mini one and celebrate for her by eating it all! Hope she has a great 30th bday!

Kwiltkrazy,
I have most of your quilt cut out, some intricate cutting on some (mini hint). Got my flu shot yesterday, so next coupla days will be a lil "off" for me..Every year my Lupus always goes a tad haywire when I get my flu shot. I used to never take one (even working in medical field:eek:). Year before I was officially diagnosed with good ole Lupus I got the flu, and was sicker than I believe I've ever been... Been taking flu shot every since..."loopy flare" much better than the flu!
Take care all,
Kif

kwiltkrazy 10-06-2013 02:48 PM

Kiffie; Can't wait to see it. Trying several new techniques on yours. But, I'm trying to get my son's wedding quilt done, just making up the backing now, first time I made the label in Paint(windows program, and am very pleased with it, also made intertwined hearts, for people to sign at the wedding. I have yours all planned out and the colors picked out, and the different templates drawn on to wax paper, but have to finish the patterns for paper piecing the candle rays.

Need to get our flu shots; husband has post-polio syndrome and lung complications, so we get ours every year.

Elisabrat 10-06-2013 03:26 PM

I have no immune system but also have an autoimmune disorder so no flu shots for the brat. Bad reactions for my Guillian-Barre stuff. But I do request the loved one to get his as well he is in a business surrounded by people and two he comes home to me. so argh.. I don't want that!!!!

I have my top 90 percent done today which makes me happy and oh boy I have another partner!! wonder what she will want? candles? pigs bbqing? um.. the soft glow of the ... challenges challenges hope she writes soon.

I think Dabbler this might come out alright after all. phew for both of us! I wanted an arched top but couldn't figure how to put a hanger on the back with that.. the top would flop over! so I rectangled the shape and its alright. The snow is melting nicely outside and we had the front door wide open all day even this morning. I think it makes Jan cold just to think of it. It was only 30 last night but I had the heater off and the window open half way. I love fresh when sleeping. She wont come visit me heck with cat hair she is afraid of freezing to death. sigh.. its not cold its FRESH!

omacookie 10-06-2013 04:09 PM

Quilty-Louise I hope you are getting well soon. Elisabrat It is you and I to swap this month ! My turn to get the Brat ! Looking forward to a canlemglow theme DQ. Mine is already in my mead NOW to get it out and into the fabric ! Hugs,omacookie

jaba 10-06-2013 05:10 PM

" I think it makes Jan cold just to think of it."

More than cold missy, with a steel rod in my neck and fused with screws....I'm freezing. Can hardly wait until my lower back is the same way, Oh well, I just want to be able to walk, that will be a blessing for sure.
Tam...Moo have yours all done and am going to mail it to you tomorrow, no hurry....I am just sewing like crazy so I have items to sew on binding. Gees, once in my life I'm trying to think ahead and do that pre-plan stuff.

kiffie2413 10-06-2013 07:22 PM

Jaba..no way!! Mailing already?? You're the kid who ruined the curve on the tests for the rest of us! ;) I'm just jealous, truth be known..sometimes I could swear I have worked non-stop..and then look around and EVERYthing looks the same..sigh..
I hear ya on the cold..though I grouse about when it's 100+ degrees, too. You can't please me.. Hubby always has loved summer time, since being diagnosed with MS he just can't take the heat like he used to. He also has Addison's. Then Mom with her COPD from having basically only 1 lung from the lung cancer and she also has Cushing's, and me with my Lupus and IC. We were all relatively healthy until 2004'sh.. My brother has jokingly asked if maybe we live on indian burial ground? Hubby told him he imagines we all live on some type of burial ground with ALL of the people who were here before us. Good ole "matter of fact" man I am married to...lol. A small part of me has been relieved our son bought a house and isn't here full-time any longer, just in case:shock:.
Take care all. Jaba, try to stay warm. The rest of you, too! Or shall I say stay cool! Whichever you need..:thumbup:
Kif

Lynnie25 10-06-2013 07:34 PM

I'm back connecting with the world again :) Had a lovely looooong weekend at our shack, got plenty of sewing done and a little relaxing too in between walks with hubby. Heading back there again this next weekend so this week will be busy getting some quilting projects started and completed.

Have decided on an idea for emc118's quilt and hope to get it started over this next weekend or early next week. Have to finish up a quilt that is going to Burma later this year, if I don't get it quilted and finished NOW then it might get buried beneath the mess I am currently working in LOL and it needs to be sent to my son so he knows what he leaves behind so the quilt goes in his backpack !

In between, I have lunch plans on Wednesday and my brother and sister-in-law are making a quick trip to Tassie from the mainland this week and want to catch up for dinner one night..aaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh

AND daylight savings started at the weekend which put my erratic sleep patterns at night into disarray even more :(

jaba 10-07-2013 04:21 AM

Sorry Kif this is kind of a have to thing, kids, grandkids and great grand daughter will all be here on Thursday thru Sunday. Grand daughter wants to use the long arm and quilt a quilt that she has ready. Always something going on when they come so I just go with the flow as long as I can last. With all the snow we had, I had to cancel my doctor appts. and re schedule. Need to get another MRI and X-rays and then will find out on the 29th when surgery is. No driving and no stairs for quite a while so need to have lots of projects upstairs to do or I will go nuts!
The sensitivity to cold is very much a factor with me. I have a metal plate in my neck and when it gets cold...it's cold! Same way as your hubby though on the heat, too much not good. Use to love it but no more, that's got to be the MS I'm sure or that's what the doctors say. Then throw in a little high blood pressure medication and the meds for thyroid cancer, gees I'm a mess but still around and kicking (just not as high as I use to):D But all is good in this wonderful world we get to live in.

Elisabrat 10-07-2013 06:07 AM

Well I vote to toss us all in the glue factory pile. Enough broken parts to fill up a semi truck! sorry guys I have things too but its easier to laugh a them then to make it front and center for me. (denial? no just ..semi avoidance lol). I just got a nice email from Omalee she apparently does not want a pig bbqing doll quilt. I did ask trust me. I am good to go with the candle glow theme have four more ideas and only one more doll quilt to work on. I should be able to ene meanie minee mo it. (how does one spell that?) and she will be happy I hope. I have been having a productive sewing weekend. I was cutting a block out at 10 p.m. last night it beat watching the raiders game and well was not going to sleep through that so might as well.. sew. I love sewing. I wish I was so much better at it but maybe practice makes perfect. other thought is practice might just turn out to be a whole lot of practice and not a lot of improvement if one keeps doing the same thing... hum....

do we have any sneak peaks yet???