Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/early-bird-threads-2011-row-robin-group-1-a-t81293.html)

pattis47 01-02-2011 05:04 PM

Jacquie,
I have batiks that I used for a stained glass window quilt. I am waiting for the row to arrive to be sure the colors will blend, but I too, am anxious to get started. I have ideas in mind but nothing started until I see the colors. I am waiting to see more pictures.

Originally Posted by jacquie
dayle, try not to worry, it will take a little longer to get here because of the seriously bad weather we have been getting over here in the UK. it had been down to -20*C for around 5 weeks, this last week has been a lot better and we're now thawing out!!

everything is back logged, people have been stuck on motor ways for days at a time, flights & trains haven't been operating, the whole british isles have been at a standstill. plus we've also had christmas and new year.
there was even a lack of certain foods on the shelves in the stores! as lorries weren't getting through with food etc, esp' bread & potatoes. can you believe it!!

so, don't worry, it will be on it's way, same with mine going over to the the USA.
i was quite expecting it to take a little longer. (i'm used to this lol)

can i be cheeky and make a reminder to everyone that my row is to be in BATIK FABRIC.
i just keep having these panic attacks that this may gey over looked lol...
sorry! lol...

i too can't wait to see the next instalment of photos of the added rows!! people at home can't understand my excitement about this, it's such a shame!! these people are missing out in life!!! lol...

anyway, happy new year ladies!! i hope you all had a great time!!!

love jacquie xxxxx

pattis47 01-02-2011 06:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here are 2 of the blocks.....

Originally Posted by maine ladybug

Originally Posted by pattis47
Joan,
There is a part of me that wants to be surprised, but the rest or me is to curious, I just want to see the pictures as they are being done. I am so anxious to see how it is coming along. I hope you get your row on Monday. I have been working on the civil war row and hopefully will complete it this weekend. I am originally from York, PA. We have alot of civil war history as the troops marched thru on their way to Gettysburg. I was lucky enough to have a chance to visit the local Historical Society when I was home for Christmas and sketched some blocks from the actual quilts they have. Many years ago I was a docent there and also at the Gates House and Plough Tavern.
I did some practice blocks with other fabric to be sure my measurements were good and now I am working on the actual blocks for the row.
Patti

I haven't received the row from Scotland yet, but think I may be picking it up at the Post Office on Monday. I hope so. Then I can get started.
I do have a plan for the row I will add, but want to see her row first and be sure my plan and fabrics will work with it.
I will post pictures of the row I make and of the rows sewn together.
Normally I wouldn't want to see my rows until the end, but this time I'm going to say it's okay to post if the person working on it wants to.

Hope I answered all the questions.

Wow! That's great. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what you do even more, and I was excite about it before!!

York Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152326[/ATTACH]

PA Amish Diamond
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152327[/ATTACH]

maine ladybug 01-02-2011 07:11 PM

Looking good!!

pattis47 01-02-2011 10:45 PM

I hope you will like what I have added to your row. It is finished and I will mail it out Boopers this week.

1 Row down and 3 more to go.....

Looking good!!

pattis47 01-02-2011 10:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)

I hope you will like what I have added to your row. It is finished and I will mail it out Boopers this week.

Looking good!!

pattis47 01-02-2011 10:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Looking good!!

Row 1 - Maine Ladybug / Row 2 - Pattis47
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152500[/ATTACH]

RNUNU 01-02-2011 11:07 PM

Looking good!!

Looks GREAT! Love the colors. I like seeing what is going to be coming my way ..... it starts getting my mind working on ideas, and then when it arrives I can start putting the ideas to work.

pattis47 01-03-2011 12:17 AM

Are you ready to post pics of what you are working on? Give us a hint......

Originally Posted by RNUNU

Looking good!!

Looks GREAT! Love the colors. I like seeing what is going to be coming my way ..... it starts getting my mind working on ideas, and then when it arrives I can start putting the ideas to work.

RNUNU 01-03-2011 12:23 AM

Looking good!!

Getting close to picture time .... got a wrinkle or two to work out .... and then it will be ready!

pattis47 01-03-2011 12:47 AM

Great, I am so anxious to see what everyone else is working on. This is so much fun.

Looking good!!

Getting close to picture time .... got a wrinkle or two to work out .... and then it will be ready!