Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/early-bird-threads-2011-row-robin-group-1-a-t81293.html)

pattis47 12-07-2010 03:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Early Bird Threads is the 1st group for the 2011 Row Robin hosted by Bookworm. This is going to be sew much fun. I am anxious to get these rows shipped out with all the goodies we have been discussing. Let's try for a shipping date of Dec 15th for the original row to be in the mail. (Remember, this one may take a little longer to arrive due to holiday shipping).
** Be sure to insure your package and get confirmation on package. Since Jacquie thinks she will be able to do the 30 day turnaround I want to propose we continue with that date each month for January, February, March, and April. If this is a problem for anyone, please say so.

I believe Bookworm provided all of you with the info for mailing your rows. I will post the order that she sent to me so we all have the same thing.

Please be sure to post pictures here and on the Original site before you mail your row.
After you have added your row and sashing, if included please post another picuture before you mail it off to the next eagerly awaiting hands for more sewing.
If anyone has any other thought, comments, ideas please let us know.

Patti - Pattis47 sends to
Betty - Boopers sends to
Dayle - RNUNU sends to
Jacquie - Jacquie sends to
Joan - Maine Ladybug sends to Patti

Happy quilting, Patti, group leader

Tea Time - center of the row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147198[/ATTACH]

Tea Time - left side of row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147199[/ATTACH]

Tea Time - right side of row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]147200[/ATTACH]

maine ladybug 12-07-2010 04:16 PM

Thanks for getting this up and running. I wondered were it had gone. I'm looking forward to seeing the rows. Go Early Birds!!

jacquie 12-07-2010 04:37 PM

oh wow!! here we are!!! at last!
this is great, i'm 'sew' excited...

i've been making drawings for my first row from 'RNUNU', which will be arriving soon, i hope! the material is washed, dried & ironed and eagerly waiting to be transformed!!

i have more material on it's way through the post for 'Maine Ladybug'...

so, it's all happening!!! i can post as soon as i have finished writing in my 'journal book'!! i still can't get the pc to talk to the printer, so... no pics... sorry about that!!

my 'autograph blocks are ready to go into the parcel, the label is done as well as the row.
things are finally moving!!
love jacquie xxxxx

Boopers 12-07-2010 09:28 PM

I guess I had better get busy making my row and the autograph blocks. I am pretty much caught up with my other projects. I have been thinking about my quilt top and kind of like the idea of vertical rows,so that is the way I am planning it.
The signature blocks are a good idea. We just finished a siggie block swap a couple of months ago. There were almost 200 swappers. I think my blocks will be usable in my block swap quilt.
Betty

RNUNU 12-07-2010 09:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well here we are .... the "Early Bird Threads" are officially up and going.

As I posted earlier, my theme is: "Thirties Toys" and/or "Thirties Block Patterns" using the Retro Prints with unbleached muslin as background fabric. I also would like sashing between my rows and I am including it all cut to width and pieces sewn together, for attaching to each of the rows. I also have a few pictures of "Thirties Toys" I will send along, in case one wants to use them for patterns.

Sending blank Autograph Blocks for signatures and a small journal for notes. December 15th is just around the corner.

My row with Thirties Block Pattern .....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139688[/ATTACH]

With Dog in Retro Prints .....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139689[/ATTACH]

And Cat also in Retro Prints. Copied pictures from an old 1930 - 1931 Quilting Magazine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]139690[/ATTACH]

jacquie 12-08-2010 12:20 AM

dayle, you would need to sign your autograph blocks, as we would be taking one each for us to keep. same as we will put in sig blocks signed by us for you to take one of ours. you won't be getting your back :)
love jacquie xxxxx

jacquie 12-08-2010 12:28 AM

4 Attachment(s)
ok, here's mine again... ready to send, just give the date...
love jacquie xxxxx

RNUNU 12-08-2010 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
dayle, you would need to sign your autograph blocks, as we would be taking one each for us to keep. same as we will put in sig blocks signed by us for you to take one of ours. you won't be getting your back :)
love jacquie xxxxx

Geez ..... One of these days I just might get on board and ride the same "Train" with the rest of you! Dang, it "sucks" getting old and you can't even catch the "Caboose" either! What's even worse is ..... I worked 36 years for a major railroad company in San Francisco, California!

bookworm 12-08-2010 09:02 AM

Just don't forget to post when you guys send and receive the rows :)

jacquie 12-08-2010 11:24 AM

betty, will you be ok to get all your row & bits done in time to post for the 15th?