Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/early-bird-threads-2011-row-robin-group-1-a-t81293.html)

jacquie 12-09-2010 09:18 PM

ok, i had a think and i've put in some pictures of 'Loch Lomond' area in Scotland where i live; showing the 'colours' as these are what have inspired me in making this quilt.
there is also a small poem about 'Autumn' and a few small drawings i've done.
i will also include a letter & pictures about me with the package.
sorted!! :) love jacquie xxxxx
(i'm happy now :) )

jacquie 12-11-2010 07:22 AM

well, my bits n' pieces are all wrapped up and ready to post on monday.
( 1 x 5 block Row, 4 x 'autograph' blocks, 1 x quilt label, 1 x Row Robin Journal.)
i nearly got them posted this afternoon, but realised that the 'post office' had just closed. it closes early on a saturday.
i had actually forgotten it was saturday!!!
dohhh!! 'blonde moment'... :)

*** a note to RNUNU,*** (Dayle),
when sending your parcel to me in the the UK, can you please make sure you mark the parcel as 'GIFT' on the 'customs label', so i don't have to pay any taxes on the goods that are coming over to me.
i've been bitten by this before in the past.

how is everyone getting on? it's seems to have gone quiet 'on the western front'...
you're all happily sewing away are you? :)

the letter & pictures i mentioned in the previous posting will be following, as my printer is still playing 'hard to get'. i will need to ask my parents to print it off for me.
i will write again on monday to say if my parcel made it to the PO this time.

take care all, love jacquie xxxx

RNUNU 12-11-2010 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
well, my bits n' pieces are all wrapped up and ready to post on monday.
( 1 x 5 block Row, 4 x 'autograph' blocks, 1 x quilt label, 1 x Row Robin Journal.)
i nearly got them posted this afternoon, but realised that the 'post office' had just closed. it closes early on a saturday.
i had actually forgotten it was saturday!!!
dohhh!! 'blonde moment'... :)

*** a note to RNUNU,*** (Dayle),
when sending your parcel to me in the the UK, can you please make sure you mark the parcel as 'GIFT' on the 'customs label', so i don't have to pay any taxes on the goods that are coming over to me.
i've been bitten by this before in the past.

how is everyone getting on? it's seems to have gone quiet 'on the western front'...
you're all happily sewing away are you? :)

the letter & pictures i mentioned in the previous posting will be following, as my printer is still playing 'hard to get'. i will need to ask my parents to print it off for me.
i will write again on monday to say if my parcel made it to the PO this time.

take care all, love jacquie xxxx

Hi Jacquie -

I am so glad for the instructions about "Sending our packages as "GIFTS" .... I didn't think about this until you mentioned it, but yes it's true about International mailings and the subject of "paying Customs Taxes". This is a good message for EVERYONE!

Was just now getting ready to print off my 'Quilt Label' .... getting my box together and ready for mailing, to you. Targeting to get it to the Post Office and on its way Monday - December 13th.

(((HUGS))) -- Dayle

jacquie 12-11-2010 08:34 AM

wow, that's 2 of us posting monday!!
very much living up to our name of 'early birds'!!!
lol...
thanks dayle.
:)
love jacquie xxxxx

pattis47 12-11-2010 02:34 PM

Please, oh please someone post some pics of works in progress or finished rows. Love to see what others have done

Originally Posted by Karen
I'm so glad you all started early! Now I can learn from you are doing as a group. This is going to be so much fun!

jacquie 12-12-2010 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Please, oh please someone post some pics of works in progress or finished rows. Love to see what others have done

Originally Posted by Karen
I'm so glad you all started early! Now I can learn from you are doing as a group. This is going to be so much fun!

Pat, Rnunu & mine are on page 1...
hugs, jacquie xxxxx

jacquie 12-13-2010 07:47 AM

ok, my row has been posted this afternoon!!!
look our for it 'Maine Ladybug'
i'm 'tracking' it, so can watch it's travel & progress :)
love jacquie xxxx

RNUNU 12-13-2010 01:16 PM

I just returned from the Post Office ...... "Jacquie" my row is on its way to you ..... so be on the "look-out" for it, you will be getting it soon. Let me know when you receive it.

Think we need to let everyone know when we "receive" the rows/boxes/mailings .... that way we know if something isn't showing up or is lost in the mail .... we can start doing a search with the Post Offices.

jacquie 12-13-2010 02:39 PM

goodness, yes, as soon as we post/receive anything... let each other know asap.
exciting huh??
love jacquie xxxx

pattis47 12-13-2010 04:51 PM

We are on a roll now......just waiting for packages to arrive......yahoooooo

Originally Posted by jacquie
goodness, yes, as soon as we post/receive anything... let each other know asap.
exciting huh??
love jacquie xxxx