Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Early Bird Threads - 2011 Row Robin Group 1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/early-bird-threads-2011-row-robin-group-1-a-t81293.html)

jacquie 01-11-2011 11:12 AM

sorry, didn't mean to give you a fright lol, it was said rather cheekily, (if there is such a word??)
i am being rather premature, i'm not working at the moment, when my DH get's back he will probably demand i get a job again. i'm 'needing' the 'down' time at the moment for lot's of reasons, and enjoying the time i'm getting to spend on my hobby. if i did return to work i would struggle to keep up too.
i understand you do need to be careful that you don't over do it, and i would rather you enjoy the row robin, rather than rush it.
just ignore me, i'll calm this excitement down, sometimes you may need to pull me down off the ceiling and tell me to 'calm it woman'! lol...
that will do the trick! ROFL... :lol: :shock: :-D ;)

RNUNU 01-11-2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
sorry, didn't mean to give you a fright lol, it was said rather cheekily, (if there is such a word??)
i am being rather premature, i'm not working at the moment, when my DH get's back he will probably demand i get a job again. i'm 'needing' the 'down' time at the moment for lot's of reasons, and enjoying the time i'm getting to spend on my hobby. if i did return to work i would struggle to keep up too.
i understand you do need to be careful that you don't over do it, and i would rather you enjoy the row robin, rather than rush it.
just ignore me, i'll calm this excitement down, sometimes you may need to pull me down off the ceiling and tell me to 'calm it woman'! lol...

Hey Jacquie ---- Send me your Postman's address ..... maybe I could send him a "polite" note .... and at the same time "light a fire under his ????" to get my "1st Row" delivered to you! LMAO

jacquie 01-11-2011 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by RNUNU

Hey Jacquie ---- Send me your Postman's address ..... maybe I could send him a "polite" note .... and at the same time "light a fire under his ????" to get my "1st Row" delivered to you! LMAO

ROFL... :lol: :lol: :lol:
mmm, i think it's;
'Snail-pace cottage,
sloath-wynd lane,
dawdleville.
the speed of this delivery, i wouldn't be surprised!
lmao...

maine ladybug 01-11-2011 01:34 PM

hey, just had a thought, at the speed we are doing this row robin, we could actually fit in another one in the time scale! do you fancy doing 2??????
lol......

Like you, I'm now in waiting. Until you get them and have a chance to finish, I can't do anything. I'm just waiting, and waiting......LOL

jacquie 01-11-2011 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by maine ladybug

hey, just had a thought, at the speed we are doing this row robin, we could actually fit in another one in the time scale! do you fancy doing 2??????
lol......

Like you, I'm now in waiting. Until you get them and have a chance to finish, I can't do anything. I'm just waiting, and waiting......LOL

well, i am waiting, but i've made a start on Boopers this evening.
so long as i keep to the colours and i can see the other 2 rows before my row on the site here i should be ok.
then when it arrives i can do any alterations i need to before i add it to the other 2 rows.
darn snail mail!! lol...
:roll: :roll: :roll:

WIP + wine!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158164[/ATTACH]

maine ladybug 01-11-2011 01:42 PM

lol......

so long as i keep to the colours and i can see the other 2 rows before my row on the site here i should be ok.
then when it arrives i can do any alterations i need to before i add it to the other 2 rows.
darn snail mail!! lol...

You're so clever that you have done a whole row without even seeing the first one! I don't think I could do that. I know the next one you'll be sending me is 30's, but I don't know what I'll do yet. Even if you get it tomorrow, it will still be weeks before it makes it back here to the states. So I'll just have to be patient!!!

jacquie 01-11-2011 02:24 PM

i will try and get it back out to you the same day it gets here, or at the worst... the next day lol...
it will just need the row & sashing adding then back into the post.
simples... :)
you should hopefully get with 7 - 10 days after i send it out...
it's just because of the severe weather we've had & christmas/new year that it's been so slow in arriving. things should speed up from now on. hopefully!!
crossing all fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes...
i'm really just trying to 'beat the system' by trying to get ahead. if i have an idea after seeing whats going on before me, then i will try and take it to fruition. then hopefully i have something ready-ish for when the row arrives. i won't hopefully slow the rows up too much being this side of the pond :wink:

pattis47 01-11-2011 02:37 PM

Be careful with the postman, you don't need any rumors.......

Originally Posted by pattis47
I just have to say, WOW I received your row Jacquie, with Joan's row added to it today. The pictures were wonderful but do not really do justice to the actual piece. It is just wonderful.....I am almost afraid to touch it....not sure what I will do just yet, but it is hanging very near me so it can tell me what it needs....wants....must have! I enjoyed reading your story, but best of all, congratulations on becoming a Granny. I have often told my son, "If I had known being a grandmother was so much fun, I would have skipped motherhood and gone straight to being a grandmother."

LOL...
that reminds me of a bumper sticker my in-laws had...
"we love our Grandchildren so much, we wish we'd had them first"...
wonderful!! lol...

don't be afraid of my row :) i'm just glad you like it, i think it's going to be just wonderful whatever you add to it!!!
nice autumn pieced blocks are fine! it doesn't have to be PP, or applique, whatever you feel!!!
i can't believe my row is about to have it's 3rd row started on!!
i'm still waiting for Dayle's 1st row to come through my door!!!
my postman probably thinks i have a 'thing' for him, as i'm always waiting for him to come up my drive.
poor guy will be wishing my hubby was back from sea, as i must be missing him!!!
ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm loving what i'm seeing with everyones rows, we have such a great group!
i'm really, really enjoying my first 'row robin' with you guys!!

pattis47 01-11-2011 02:40 PM

I am up for another one, I think we can certainly complete it in record time.....what does everyone else think?

lol......

RNUNU 01-11-2011 02:50 PM

lol......

darn snail mail!! lol...

Is that a little glass of "Vino" to help you through your waiting period .... if so Herman (my husband) would "love" your form of therapy! He's ready for a trip to Ireland and has said, if we do .... we just might think about a little "jog in the intinary" and pay a visit to Scotland also.

:lol: :lol: