Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/elisabrats-summer-fun-table-runner-table-mat-swap-sign-ups-close-may-5th-t219392.html)

dabbler312 05-17-2013 01:08 PM

Summer Fun Table Runner Swap

1 Attachment(s)
Had to make an unforeseen trip to the quilt shop today to exchange my BOM block package for the correct one - they gave me another fabric line and not what I'm working on - so while I was there I looked for some fabrics for my project - check it out - these colors just scream SUMMER FUN DAYS!

tlambing 05-17-2013 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 6069730)
had to make an unforeseen trip to the quilt shop today to exchange my bom block package for the correct one - they gave me another fabric line and not what i'm working on - so while i was there i looked for some fabrics for my project - check it out - these colors just scream summer fun days!

huge smiles!!!!!

Elisabrat 05-17-2013 11:41 PM

Yosamitesa: Love your one glass wine glass.. only takes one glass to finish a whole bottle! very cute. I think its perfect who wants to get up and refill only to have to get up and refill right? Your backing solution came out great. I get into so much trouble doing things like putting a stripe in my backing. it looks great sewn together til I sandwich (then its ok think its straight) then I sew.. and its all over the friggen place not straight at all. So le Brat? she never adds stripes up or across on backing ever ever again lol.

Dabbler: can I be your partner? I love your fun summer colors and yes they scream summer and sherbert and sunshine and beach blankets an all good things about summer. boy a patchwork with those would be lovely 2.5" squares (hey I am not sewing them I can make them as small as i like!) and something so simple like that.. heaven I am in heaven... oh wait! they are not for me??? WHAT??? sigh.. ok fine.

I whipped up a runner today for my dialysis pal. I thought go simple so I did on point squares half squares quarter squares three borders tada! so simple. (not) then I did stitch in the ditch on the center squares. great marvelous. then I had those hst/qst's this is where I got rid of the go simple Brat. I decided to sew with green thread on the black fabric lines up and down every quarter inch quilt it like I have never quilted before. OMG first off on a solid you show any slight movement left or right. sucks. then well its work. stop start snip all over. It took me three hours. took 2 seams out. I was so tired I wanted to toss it in the big dumpster. Dont get the brat too tired she actually does these things. It came out nice. The lady will like it or I will be one grumpy camper. I will finish the binding for her in dialysis tomorrow and then I hope not to see a parrot for a little while. ok if it was for me I wouldnt mind a parrot lol but not sewing on one for a little while kiddos. so if you end up stuck without a runner you will not be getting a parrot one from me. summer flowers or r/w/blue and thats the final offer :)

Krystyna 05-18-2013 05:22 AM

Dabbler, love those colors. Wow. Yes that is the essence of summer!
Linda, you are one heck of a trooper. I'm sure your dialysis pal will love it.

queenof2802 05-18-2013 03:57 PM

I have my pattern picked out. Fabric is a different story. I am stressing over which fabrics to use. I have too many choices!! I have a few things that need to be finished and mailed by Monday, then I can concentrate on runners.

Krystyna 05-18-2013 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by queenof2802 (Post 6071785)
I have my pattern picked out. Fabric is a different story. I am stressing over which fabrics to use. I have too many choices!! I have a few things that need to be finished and mailed by Monday, then I can concentrate on runners.

Don't stress! As long as it's not brown or grey I'm happy!

queenof2802 05-18-2013 04:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh, no! Those were my colors!! Just kidding :) I don't have any gray but I do have browns. This is what I am struggling over....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414304[/ATTACH] or [ATTACH=CONFIG]414305[/ATTACH]

Both are batiks. The first is purples and pinks and the second is greens.

jaba 05-18-2013 04:56 PM

Since I'm not your partner, can't really can't help you out Queen, but if I were.....purple in a heart beat! I like green too, but purple and turquoise my fav colors. I think either one is fantastic!! By the way, I love your little "life" quote, so true.

Krystyna 05-18-2013 05:00 PM

No happy yellows, french blue or vintage? They are both beautiful but a little too dark for my kitchen. But ... I'll be happy if that's what you have on hand.

Originally Posted by queenof2802 (Post 6071854)
Oh, no! Those were my colors!! Just kidding :) I don't have any gray but I do have browns. This is what I am struggling over....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414304[/ATTACH] or [ATTACH=CONFIG]414305[/ATTACH]

Both are batiks. The first is purples and pinks and the second is greens.

queenof2802 05-18-2013 05:01 PM

Thanks jaba. I like them both too. Think that is my problem. lol

I saw that quote at my LQS. She has it painted on a yard stick and I stole it. It is very true! :)