Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Mini Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-mini-quilt-swap-t260310.html)

quiltjoey 02-07-2015 04:54 PM

Thanks so much for the instructions!!

Originally Posted by klaws (Post 7077221)
Quiltjoey, under someone's name you will see their feedback score is green. Click on that number. Then on the right side you will see a place to click to leave feedback. It's that easy.

SheriR 02-07-2015 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by tesspug (Post 7081457)
Started a quilt I have had the fabric for for three years. When I get tired of the big blocks I work on the mini. Since I have an Irish grandmother there has to be something of the Emerald Isle in there, but it's going to be subtle. My grandmother said our ancestors were followers of William of Orange, so our Irish color was orange. On St. Patrick's day I always wear orange.

I never knew there were other St. Patrick's day colors! It's fun to know old traditions! I haven't even had time to start yet. Though I'm pretty sure I know what I'll be making. I'm trying to finish up two quilts for a friend to gift her step children on Valentine's Day. I got the sons finished today. The daughters is pinned ready to fm. It should be done in a day or so then I'll get busy with your mini. (And now I know your 'orange' tradition...maybe it needs a spot of orange?)

tesspug 02-08-2015 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 7081637)
I never knew there were other St. Patrick's day colors! It's fun to know old traditions! I haven't even had time to start yet. Though I'm pretty sure I know what I'll be making. I'm trying to finish up two quilts for a friend to gift her step children on Valentine's Day. I got the sons finished today. The daughters is pinned ready to fm. It should be done in a day or so then I'll get busy with your mini. (And now I know your 'orange' tradition...maybe it needs a spot of orange?)

Orange is not really a St. Patrick's Day color. Not all Ireland is Catholic. That is what all the mess was about, the bombings and killing. The Protestants, called the Orangemen who followed the English king William, against the Irish Catholics who wanted the English out of Ireland. That's why the Irish flag is green, white and orange.

JuanitaBean 02-08-2015 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a sneak peek of the mini I made for my partner. Will be sending it out Mon. or Tues.

JuneBillie 02-08-2015 04:38 PM

Juanitabean I see some pretty colors, and pretty stitching. One little part looks like something hiding from us. lol..

tlambing 02-09-2015 08:00 PM

It's SOOOOOOOO quiet!
Where are all you little Leprechauns?

JuneBillie 02-09-2015 08:05 PM

Teresa we are all out looking for our pot of gold. lol.......

jaba 02-09-2015 08:06 PM

Busy sewing maybe TL :) or snowed in. Nice in Wyoming the last couple of days... no snow, kind of weird. I finished mine tonight and will be mailing tomorrow.

JuneBillie 02-09-2015 08:14 PM

Jaba you sound like you have it all together. I wish I was more on the ball. :eek:

jaba 02-09-2015 08:19 PM

Don't know about that JuneBillie, like everyone else "just trying to stay afloat". If you find that pot of gold, let me know okay? I'll do the same, been looking for it for a very long time.