Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Mini Quilt Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-mini-quilt-swap-t260310.html)

SheriR 02-09-2015 08:28 PM

I finished the two quilts I was making for a friend for Valentines day gifts. Now I can work on tesspug's mini!! Green/cream....and a splash of orange?

Patchesnposies 02-09-2015 09:14 PM

I was waiting on some fabric, which arrived today! Now I can get busy working on debbyg's mini! :thumbup:

klaws 02-10-2015 05:04 AM

I still haven't figured out what I am going to make. :( I have to get my butt in gear!!!

tlambing 02-10-2015 07:21 AM

I've bitten off a bit more than I expected. I sure hope all of these super tiny pieces go together [biting my nails] I have the weekend free and hoping to get my tiny top finished. I purchased the most lovely backing fabric and can't wait to get my fingers on it!
My daughter moved out last wknd! We are officially empty nesters. I love my kids, but the quiet and not having to worry about shopping and feeding an extra person is oh so nice! Both of our kids now live downtown, only about 6-7 miles. Not a bit of time was spent in the sewing room last wknd, really looking forward to this one :)

MizMelly 02-10-2015 07:38 AM

I called in sick today expecting delivery of a new refrigerator! Just got the call that it's not coming until between 1 and 3 today. So that means I have time to sew!! That is after I finish cleaning out old fridge and cleaning the floor behind it.
Wow. How disgusting is that??
And gee, the old fridge is working better now that I vacuumed out the back of it!! Oh well, it was time to retire the old one and get a new side-by-side instead!!

tlambing 02-10-2015 07:59 AM

Lots of sewing time MizMelly! I know what you mean about the gunk. Moved my daughter last wknd. After her stuff was out, I moved a corner bookcase that she left behind. It almost looked as if there was a cat laying on the carpet behind there! I even took a pic and sent to her. She was appropriately grossed out!
Have a great day of cleaning and sewing. Congrats on the new fridge!

Patchesnposies 02-10-2015 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by MizMelly (Post 7085096)
I called in sick today expecting delivery of a new refrigerator! Just got the call that it's not coming until between 1 and 3 today. So that means I have time to sew!! That is after I finish cleaning out old fridge and cleaning the floor behind it.
Wow. How disgusting is that??
And gee, the old fridge is working better now that I vacuumed out the back of it!! Oh well, it was time to retire the old one and get a new side-by-side instead!!

Congrats on your new fridge, MizMelly! I was just hinting to my DH that we need to retire our small one (now that we have TEENAGERS again!) It is amazing just how dusty and dirty it can get behind the appliances isn't it!

Patchesnposies 02-10-2015 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by tlambing (Post 7085122)
Lots of sewing time MizMelly! I know what you mean about the gunk. Moved my daughter last wknd. After her stuff was out, I moved a corner bookcase that she left behind. It almost looked as if there was a cat laying on the carpet behind there! I even took a pic and sent to her. She was appropriately grossed out!
Have a great day of cleaning and sewing. Congrats on the new fridge!

LOL TL! The comment about the cat behind the bookcase cracked me up! In our house we do not have dust "bunnies" we have dust "elephants"! They must have good memories, because no matter how many times we sweep them up they come back! FAST!

Elisabrat 02-11-2015 05:52 AM

wait! you mean that stuff behind other things isn't supposed to be there? 20 yrs of dust just grows and grows intrinsically I think. scary stuff. I have pets.. when we move things I am always omg!

jaba we would love to see a pic or four of your trip. I think we could all use a pina colada on the beach somewhere so why not live it vicariously with you!!!

I am anxious to see the next swap I think I am good to go to sign up for it! yahoo! yippee! finally!

tesspug 02-11-2015 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 7084602)
I finished the two quilts I was making for a friend for Valentines day gifts. Now I can work on tesspug's mini!! Green/cream....and a splash of orange?

Perfect. Grandma Lewis would be pleased.