Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Flowers that Bloom in the Spring - TraLa TraLa - SIGN UPS CLOSED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/flowers-bloom-spring-trala-trala-sign-ups-closed-t116299.html)

Deb watkins 05-25-2011 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by purplesharon
Can the flowrs be scrappy or does the set have to be all the same? have alot of 2 1/2" scraps

The flowers can be scrappy as long as they are basically the same....slight variation is acceptable, I would suggest the centers all be the same color and at least four of the petals in each block be the same.

fabric_fancy 05-25-2011 07:02 PM

ok i'm in.

i was able to clear off some of my WIPs

Deb watkins 05-26-2011 05:34 AM

Great! Welcome to the swap. You are in GREAT company here!

rfbrazell 05-26-2011 09:44 AM

Welcome Fancy Fabric. Glad you joined the swap. It has been a blast, learned so much and don't forget about the fall and christmas dresdeen plate swaps.....LOL
Robert

Deb watkins 05-26-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Welcome Fancy Fabric. Glad you joined the swap. It has been a blast, learned so much and don't forget about the fall and christmas dresdeen plate swaps.....LOL
Robert

They aren't even POSTED YET!!! You have been hanging around Patti and Karen too much.

fabric_fancy 05-26-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
Robert

those sound great - i'll be in for both of those too

fabric_fancy 05-26-2011 11:58 AM

quick question

i've printed out the template pieces from the link but i don't know if this includes the seam allowance or should i add a 1/4 inch around the pieces?

what has the group been doing regarding seam allowance

QuilterMomma 05-26-2011 12:17 PM

I did not add seam allowance. I hope that is right because I have all mine cut out and ready to sew up. Not using the seam allowance, the petals all went together well and it fits nicely on the 12.5" background we are using. The center fits correctly as well. So my thought was to leave as is and go with it.

fabric_fancy 05-26-2011 12:24 PM

ok, thanks for letting me know

Deb watkins 05-26-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
I did not add seam allowance. I hope that is right because I have all mine cut out and ready to sew up. Not using the seam allowance, the petals all went together well and it fits nicely on the 12.5" background we are using. The center fits correctly as well. So my thought was to leave as is and go with it.

Yes, just cut and sew. It does fit very nicely on the 12.5 background. I always cut my background blocks 13 inches square - then when I am done with my plates I trim to 12.5.