Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Flowers that Bloom in the Spring - TraLa TraLa - SIGN UPS CLOSED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/flowers-bloom-spring-trala-trala-sign-ups-closed-t116299.html)

Crafty3790 05-24-2011 03:43 PM

Yes I noticed I didn't finish it. I have the color for the petals on the machine right now so when I change it back to green I will finish it.

Deb watkins 05-24-2011 03:49 PM

Boy, what an eager bunch of quilters here! I think that perhaps lighter tan, beige, ecru. even pale yellow instead of the stark white for the fall background would be nice. We use such rich colors for the fall that I am thinking of the background ..... well..... really being in the background and the focus is the flowers. Now, for those of you who are REALLY energetic, since the current plates are not due till June 30, if you want, you may also send your fall plates in as well, but you will have to send another stamp unless you want to wait till Aug to get both sets.

Deb watkins 05-24-2011 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790
Yes I noticed I didn't finish it. I have the color for the petals on the machine right now so when I change it back to green I will finish it.

what fun we are!

rfbrazell 05-24-2011 03:59 PM

Great Deb.
Thanks
R

pattis47 05-24-2011 04:47 PM

Well Deb, I think I have some allies in this group.....what does that guy say.....Git er done!......hehehehehe! At this rate, we could do Christmas in July!

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Boy, what an eager bunch of quilters here! I think that perhaps lighter tan, beige, ecru. even pale yellow instead of the stark white for the fall background would be nice. We use such rich colors for the fall that I am thinking of the background ..... well..... really being in the background and the focus is the flowers. Now, for those of you who are REALLY energetic, since the current plates are not due till June 30, if you want, you may also send your fall plates in as well, but you will have to send another stamp unless you want to wait till Aug to get both sets.

marniata 05-24-2011 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just completed this wallhanging and had to show it to you folks who I know will appreciate it. It is called SUN CYCLE and represents the four cycles of the sun =
2 solstice + 2 equinox. Designed by Ellie Brown ( McCalls Quilting Magazine Spring 2009. I fell in love with hers two years ago and finished it just in time for my guild's show next month!

rfbrazell 05-24-2011 06:52 PM

Nice...........Great job.
R

Deb watkins 05-25-2011 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by marniata
I just completed this wallhanging and had to show it to you folks who I know will appreciate it. It is called SUN CYCLE and represents the four cycles of the sun =
2 solstice + 2 equinox. Designed by Ellie Brown ( McCalls Quilting Magazine Spring 2009. I fell in love with hers two years ago and finished it just in time for my guild's show next month!

And you were worried about making Dresden Plates :roll:

Deb watkins 05-25-2011 04:19 AM

Christmas in July - Leave it to you Patti! Anyway, I will contact Patrice for the Fall swap that will be opening up from June 1st to Aug 1st for sign ups, due Aug 31. And I am thinking of a winter Dresden done in blues, silvers, whites and reds - choice of either imitating snowflakes or pointsettias.

purplesharon 05-25-2011 04:56 AM

Can the flowrs be scrappy or does the set have to be all the same? have alot of 2 1/2" scraps