Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Flowers that Bloom in the Spring - TraLa TraLa - SIGN UPS CLOSED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/flowers-bloom-spring-trala-trala-sign-ups-closed-t116299.html)

Pat_sews 04-24-2011 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HI, I sooo wanted to do this swap . I have a wedding and to many other comittments for the next few months to sign up for the swap. But I have used the pattern to start making blocks from my stash. Will use the blocks for a quilt for my gd to take to college with her. I hope I can join in with a swap soon... Love your pattern. I am trying to get a good leaf pattern . Sending a pic of what I think are spring flower colors for the flowers......
Pat_sews

spring flower colors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188632[/ATTACH]

moonrise 04-24-2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pat_sews
HI, I sooo wanted to do this swap . I have a wedding and to many other comittments for the next few months to sign up for the swap. But I have used the pattern to start making blocks from my stash. Will use the blocks for a quilt for my gd to take to college with her. I hope I can join in with a swap soon... Love your pattern. I am trying to get a good leaf pattern . Sending a pic of what I think are spring flower colors for the flowers......
Pat_sews

Those are gorgeous! :thumbup:

I've got all my pieces cut out. Now to find a few minutes (ha ha) to sew them before the Boomerang swap starts ... :shock:

Deb watkins 04-25-2011 04:31 AM

Those are beautiful blocks!! Please let me know if you are able to join in. Blocks aren't due till May 31!

rwquilts 04-25-2011 06:20 AM

Deb, your block is just stunning! I have made dresden plate blocks using Eleanor Burns method, but not with the addition of the leaves...that's what makes the block sooo striking! I will look at this and think about possibly joining. Just have to look at my calendar and know I can do it...perhaps I'll give one block a try and see how long it takes to make...your tute is great by the way!

tolepainter54 04-25-2011 08:09 AM

I'm right there with you moonrise.

Originally Posted by moonrise

Originally Posted by Pat_sews
Pat_sews

Those are gorgeous! :thumbup:

I've got all my pieces cut out. Now to find a few minutes (ha ha) to sew them before the Boomerang swap starts ... :shock:

WonkyWanda 04-25-2011 10:57 AM

I may need to join this swap! I have been wanting to do a dresden/flower quilt! I will pm you if I can 'clear the calendar' and make this work. Thanks for doing this swap, it looks like fun.

pattis47 04-25-2011 04:54 PM

come on and join the fun, it is a very easy block to make and really doesn't take long to make

rwquilts 04-25-2011 05:52 PM

I am sorely tempted, but after looking at what I already have going I sadly won't be joining you ladies for this swap, but will watch and admire all the beautiful blocks! I did print out and start to make one of the dresden plate blocks and remembered how fun they are! Maybe my schedule will allow me to join in the the fall one a bit later this year!

ebellot 04-25-2011 06:20 PM

Would love to join the Spring Flowers but have to much going on. Ladies your blocks are stunning. I will start on the fall flowers.

moonrise 04-26-2011 04:52 AM

My flowers are pieced together, my leaves are ironed on, and I'm ready to start applique-ing tonight! :mrgreen: