Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Flowers that Bloom in the Spring - TraLa TraLa - SIGN UPS CLOSED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/flowers-bloom-spring-trala-trala-sign-ups-closed-t116299.html)

Deb watkins 04-18-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie

Originally Posted by tapngram
Okay Deb put me in. I'll just have to spend ALL of my time sewing now. LOL

Is there anything else to spend it on :?: :?: :?:

sapdoggie - I don't see your name on this swap.... :roll:

sapdoggie 04-18-2011 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

sapdoggie - I don't see your name on this swap.... :roll:

Haven't decided yet. I plan to print the pattern out this weekend and try it. Also have to check the stash. I have committed myself to not buy anything else and use what I have. My only purchase will be for backing.
Will let you know later. I know I have fall, but not sure about spring.

tapngram 04-19-2011 12:20 PM

Yes, when you work, even if it is part time. I'll have to let something wait for a while. :wink:

pattis47 04-20-2011 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Deb,
I was playing around with fabric to try to figure out leaf size and how to lay it out. Is this what you are looking for. This is not the fabric I will be using, just my working sample. Nothing is stitched down yet. Did you stitch the leaves first? When you started stitching the center how did you go about it?

sample work in progress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]186946[/ATTACH]

Deb watkins 04-21-2011 04:35 AM

I placed everything where I wanted it first. Did the dab of glue stick to hold the leaves in place, THEN, I took off the plate and stitched down the leaves. Put the plate back down (I used a dab of glue stick on every 3rd petal or so to hold it in place as) and stitched around it. When that was done, I put the center on. Everything was done in a blanket stitch. Now, you don't have to put your leaves like I did....any way you wish is fine with me. For a sample block, it looks pretty good to me!

Karen 04-21-2011 12:31 PM

Pattis I think it is pretty just like it is.

moonrise 04-21-2011 11:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't officially sign me up just yet ... but here's a block I made yesterday. The center isn't quite as bright in person. The camera flash went a little crazy!

The background is beige with a subtle crazy quilt-like pattern. Hope it's okay.

I'm sooooo slow when it comes to applique, so let me make sure I'll have enough time to complete the blocks before officially signing up. I'll let you know. :)

Karen 04-22-2011 06:12 AM

Moonrise your block is pretty..I really like the heart leaves!

Crafty3790 04-22-2011 06:52 AM

Those are so pretty I can't wait to start mine but I'm waiting for my background fabric it's supposed to get here today.

Deb watkins 04-22-2011 07:13 AM

Your block is great!!! I also like the heart leaves.