Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Great Big Mini Block Swap (Blocks to be mailed Monday) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/great-big-mini-block-swap-blocks-mailed-monday-t34734.html)

charismah 01-21-2010 05:16 PM

Of course I am in on this swap...I have 15 minutes until my lab class starts...so I will figure out which blocks i am doing later....but I will probably do multiple sets as well....see ya later tonight!

MadeinMaine 01-21-2010 05:49 PM

Please put me down for one set of #56 and one set of #88.
Thanks for setting this up.

Deedles 01-21-2010 05:59 PM

Tuesy has twisted my arm....I'm in for at least a couple. I'm still trying to decide which ones.

Did I read that the background has to be WOW? I don't want to be difficult but I would think muslin would be more authentic for that period. I can't think of any 30's WOW.

Oh...can I use original 30's feed sacks?

blueribbontoes 01-21-2010 06:47 PM

Well, I'll put it up to a vote, who prefers muslin? Most 30's fabric I have seen has white accents. I'm not an expert. (Just reporting on what I saw at the quilt store last week.)

Yes, you could use real feed sacks! Neat!

buddy'smom 01-21-2010 06:48 PM

I have alway's done my 30's with white or WOW.??

tuesy 01-21-2010 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Well, I'll put it up to a vote, who prefers muslin? Most 30's fabric I have seen has white accents. I'm not an expert. (Just reporting on what I saw at the quilt store last week.)

I like muslin..and since I have some, that'd work for me.

BUT if y'all prefer the WOW, just tell me where some is... I can't find any.

I've only seen the white b/g with little teeny tiny dots of .. either red, blue, green, etc..

tuesy 01-21-2010 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
I have alway's done my 30's with white or WOW.??

Where did you find it at? can you show me a picture??

Deedles 01-21-2010 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes

Yes, lots of the 30's fabric had white accents in the fabrics. But for large areas like backgrounds, muslin was usually used because it was cheap and readily available from feed or flour sacks, they didn't have to use their carefully hoarded print fabrics.

I vote for muslin.

sharon b 01-21-2010 07:20 PM

I sent you a PM to sign up... I have no preference for the background , but I do have another question. Can there be dupicate sets ? Like can more than one person make , for example, block 60?
THANKS for hosting this

cjt_mama 01-21-2010 07:54 PM

I am ok with either background, but would prefer white/wow.