Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Great Big Mini Block Swap (Blocks to be mailed Monday) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/great-big-mini-block-swap-blocks-mailed-monday-t34734.html)

goldendog55 01-31-2010 10:49 PM

I would like to do a set each of #45, #67 and #10. I love miniature blocks and 1930's, too!

blueribbontoes 02-01-2010 09:06 AM

I'm well on my way to finishing a set!

dettonlisas 02-01-2010 11:06 AM

I LOVE Connecting Threads!! There fabric is SOOO NICE!! It is quilt store quality for Joann's Prices!! I bought a ton of stuff from their Clearance and LOVE All of it!! :lol:

Originally Posted by Sugarpumpkin
I like Connecting Threads!

Will have to see what they have :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

dettonlisas 02-01-2010 11:07 AM

Sign me up!! I'm not sure which blocks I will do. I haven't looked at all of them... Is that ok??
I LOVE SWAPS!! :lol:

kysmommy2 02-01-2010 12:04 PM

I love them too! Their kits are fantabulous at fantabulous prices!!!!

Originally Posted by dettonlisas
I LOVE Connecting Threads!! There fabric is SOOO NICE!! It is quilt store quality for Joann's Prices!! I bought a ton of stuff from their Clearance and LOVE All of it!! :lol:

Originally Posted by Sugarpumpkin
I like Connecting Threads!

Will have to see what they have :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

blueribbontoes 02-02-2010 09:43 AM

Jazs2 posted some blocks she made using these patterns under the Picture section. They're wonderful!

tuesy 02-02-2010 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Jazs2 posted some blocks she made using these patterns under the Picture section. They're wonderful!

I just saw those and OMGosh!! Is she on the swap too? (going to look).. She did a wonderful job on them! Makes mine look like doggy doo do!

blueribbontoes 02-02-2010 02:22 PM

She did join us, but Tuesy, I highly doubt your blocks look like doggy doo do! Lol! I made some and they're all wonky. I'll post a picture once I finish the blanket stitch I'm doing by hand. (Yes, there will only be one set of these little boogers- I'm going back to needle turn applique or paper piecing...this blanket stich is no fun!)

tuesy 02-02-2010 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
She did join us, but Tuesy, I highly doubt your blocks look like doggy doo do! Lol! I made some and they're all wonky. I'll post a picture once I finish the blanket stitch I'm doing by hand. (Yes, there will only be one set of these little boogers- I'm going back to needle turn applique or paper piecing...this blanket stich is no fun!)

YAY!! I had to look too! :lol:.. and yes my blocks look like doggy doo do!.. but I'm not doing them over AGAIN..(did one block twice and kept messing up in the same place). :roll: Then the colors didn't look right, so had to do another.. so in reality I've done more than my 5 sets.. just those aren't good at all.. they're even worse than doggy doo do..blech!
Whatcha mean your's are all wonky? I think on the one set of mine, the flower grew cause it was the right size when I was cutting it out!..
I still have a callus (sp?) from doing the blanket stitch on a penny rug I did a couple of years ago.. that stuff wasn't fun at all.. so I feel your pain... Needleturn.. well I don't do that well.. so I don't do it at all...I'm the "fusible" kinda gal! :lol:

Well here is my 5 sets... be gentle...I cry easily! :lol: :lol:

MadeinMaine 02-02-2010 03:18 PM

Tuesy - those are Gorgeous! You are a talented creator!!