Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Great Big Mini Block Swap (Blocks to be mailed Monday) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/great-big-mini-block-swap-blocks-mailed-monday-t34734.html)

wilhelmina 01-25-2010 07:15 PM

Wow, these little gems look like fun! Count me in, I will make 34, 48, 63, 74, 87. :)

ckcowl 01-26-2010 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by janecat
I'm curious about the background, too. White? Cream? Muslin?

white....bleached muslin

2 Doods 01-26-2010 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Some people asked me why I have asked for any extra 30's styles blocks for my baby quilt.(If you make 7 instead of 6.) My second baby didn't receive any baby showers, presents, etc. (My first daughter received many home made gifts.) I want Em to have a blanket in which many people contributed in making. I want her to feel as if people were as exited for her birth as people were for H's. Does this make sense? I started her a hexagon quilt, but it won't be done for quite awhile... Lol. That project may never finished!

Don't feel as if you must contribute, everyone has been so kind on this board, I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

Am I being too foreward to ask? If so, please forgive me.

Just finishing up a little surprise for you.
I'll get it in the mail - Ummm....maybe tomorrow.
Hee Hee Hee :lol:
Now you will have to wonder..... :twisted: :lol:
I think you will like it! :thumbup:

wilhelmina 01-26-2010 07:57 PM

Last night after I signed up to join this swap I shopped for fabric! Yes, I bought 6-1/2 yards of Mama's Cotton, authentic 1930's reproduction prints from Connecting Threads, on sale!!! I have some 1930's fabric in my stash, but not enough. So...once the fabric arrives I will be busy.

retrogirl02 01-26-2010 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sugarpumpkin
Does anyone know of a good fabric website that had really good prices and lots of selection of 30's repro fabric? I don't know when I will be able to get to the LQS or Joann and thought it might be easier if it came to me LOL

There are several shops I like but I buy them almost anywhere I can find them these days because they're disappearing in my area....
ericas.com
connectingthreads.com
homesteadhearth.com

Sugarpumpkin 01-27-2010 08:30 AM

I like Connecting Threads!

Will have to see what they have :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

blueribbontoes 01-27-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods

Some people asked me why I have asked for any extra 30's styles blocks for my baby quilt.(If you make 7 instead of 6.) My second baby didn't receive any baby showers, presents, etc. (My first daughter received many home made gifts.) I want Em to have a blanket in which many people contributed in making. I want her to feel as if people were as exited for her birth as people were for H's. Does this make sense? I started her a hexagon quilt, but it won't be done for quite awhile... Lol. That project may never finished!

Don't feel as if you must contribute, everyone has been so kind on this board, I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! How nice of you to think of us! Poor Em has been pretty sick- bad bad flu. They've mentioned hospitalization, but we're holding off until we HAVE too. We're trying a medication that seems to be working... so I have been reading the posts, but not responding.

Thanks 2Doods! Now I will be stalking the mailbox. Im sure Em will feel better once she gets her goody- lol. :lol: I really appreciate your thoughtfulness, now I can't wait to see what we are getting!

2 Doods 01-27-2010 02:45 PM

BRT-
It is in the mail. He said 3-4 days. So either Saturday or Monday,maybe?
It is just a little something to get your collection started. I hope it will all work together.
{{{Hugs and Kisses to Baby Em!}}} Hope she gets feeling better soon.
And you get some rest too, so you don't get it!

tuesy 01-28-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! How nice of you to think of us! Poor Em has been pretty sick- bad bad flu. They've mentioned hospitalization, but we're holding off until we HAVE too. We're trying a medication that seems to be working... so I have been reading the posts, but not responding.

Thanks 2Doods! Now I will be stalking the mailbox. Im sure Em will feel better once she gets her goody- lol. :lol: I really appreciate your thoughtfulness, now I can't wait to see what we are getting!

Oooh BRT, I'm so sorry to hear about Em... I'm behind on messages here.. I hope she's doing better now since it's been a few days since this was posted.

I also sent you a PM about a block change.. hope it's not to much trouble to change me from that one block??

76 and counting 01-28-2010 03:12 PM

Hope little Em is much better I pray for her everday you take care to she needs you.