Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Great Big Mini Block Swap (Blocks to be mailed Monday) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/great-big-mini-block-swap-blocks-mailed-monday-t34734.html)

buddy'smom 01-25-2010 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by cjt_mama
Is that kona cotton we are talking about or do they have a kona muslin? I have pure white kona, and do like it better than the muslin I puchased, but my muslin is also not that thin I dont think. I will post a pic later perhaps

Yes it's kona muslin.

kysmommy2 01-25-2010 09:02 AM

Do you have a compatibility button on the top right of your web bar? It looks like a broken page. If so, try clicking that and see if it helps.

Originally Posted by wvdek
I'm thinking of playing, but once I open the link page where the quilt is shown along with comments, I cannot open the the block pattern file. I get a blank white screen.

I have had this problem with other sites as well. We can't seem to get it fixed. Any ideas?

Sugarpumpkin 01-25-2010 10:31 AM

Does anyone know of a good fabric website that had really good prices and lots of selection of 30's repro fabric? I don't know when I will be able to get to the LQS or Joann and thought it might be easier if it came to me LOL

kysmommy2 01-25-2010 10:35 AM

connecting threads has great prices. Not sure of their 30's selection though. Also you can try

Originally Posted by Sugarpumpkin
Does anyone know of a good fabric website that had really good prices and lots of selection of 30's repro fabric? I don't know when I will be able to get to the LQS or Joann and thought it might be easier if it came to me LOL

charismah 01-25-2010 11:08 AM

Are we keeping track of which blocks are being done and what not? I will make 91,90,88,87,56 and 61. IF I have taken someones number..just let me know..I can change...thanks C

charismah 01-25-2010 11:12 AM

OK scratch 86 and 88 ..I see other people are doing those. I will choose....different ones when I have more time to look....

tuesy 01-25-2010 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by charismah
OK scratch 86 and 88 ..I see other people are doing those. I will choose....different ones when I have more time to look....

Charismah.. you can do those too. BRT said it was ok.. and they'll all look different with the different fabrics..

I copied it from page 3..

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Im going to wait for a few more responses before declaring the background. I don't think we're going to authentic reproduction, rather the "feel" of the pretty thirties fabrics.

YES- Fusible web maybe used.
YES- Multiple block numbers are ok. (For instance, if more than one person wants to do block 50.)

tuesy 01-25-2010 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sugarpumpkin

Sugarpumpkin..I bought mine off eBay last year..you might try there or just type in 30's reproduction fabrics in google and it should pull up alot of places..

craftymainemom 01-25-2010 03:55 PM

I just went online to the quilt patch website. The website is a little confusing but once I figured it out they have a really good 30's reproductions selection.

Sugarpumpkin 01-25-2010 04:04 PM

whats the website?