Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Halloween Block Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/halloween-block-swap-2014-a-t248301.html)

Billi 06-17-2014 05:36 AM

Wow this looks like fun. I love the idea of the differnt sized blocks.

So my question is since most of us do not have haloween blocks hanging out and we don't join till our blocks are finished is there a limit to how many can join? I would hate to be working away thinkining I could join then see that it's a closed swap. Also can each block in the set of 6 be a different size?

Anoka Quilter 06-17-2014 07:07 AM

I wish I would have to see if I had any halloween fabric. I have a whole tub of it.

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 6762122)
Let me see if i have any halloween fabric.. Need to see what i come up with. then will let you know if i can join. i absolutely love halloween.

rbwiese 06-17-2014 07:11 AM

If the blocks come back in different sizes and shapes, how do I fashion them into a quilt? As one can tell, I am a rather new quilter. And being the accountant that I am, I see "uniformity" in my mind all of the time - very little of the "artist"!

Thanks - Rena

RedGarnet222 06-17-2014 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 6762122)
Let me see if i have any halloween fabric.. Need to see what i come up with. then will let you know if i can join. i absolutely love halloween.

I hope you can join us owlvamp! You do such nice work.

RedGarnet222 06-17-2014 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 6762171)
Wow this looks like fun. I love the idea of the differnt sized blocks.

So my question is since most of us do not have haloween blocks hanging out and we don't join till our blocks are finished is there a limit to how many can join? I would hate to be working away thinkining I could join then see that it's a closed swap. Also can each block in the set of 6 be a different size?

I would be happy to go ahead and join you up if you are sure you want to participate. There are a few who have joined without being finished with theirs yet. Just pm me and let me know you are ready to join, ok?

The six blocks in a set are all the same block size and image. (Whether it is appliqued or pieced) That makes it easier to share blocks with the others.

RedGarnet222 06-17-2014 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter (Post 6762299)
I wish I would have to see if I had any halloween fabric. I have a whole tub of it.

Your singing my song sister! LOL...

RedGarnet222 06-17-2014 08:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by rbwiese (Post 6762307)
If the blocks come back in different sizes and shapes, how do I fashion them into a quilt? As one can tell, I am a rather new quilter. And being the accountant that I am, I see "uniformity" in my mind all of the time - very little of the "artist"!

Thanks - Rena

Hi Rena,
Here is a couple of the quilts from past swaps that members posted for us to see.

RedGarnet222 06-17-2014 08:27 AM

You see that is why we need them in the sizes I posted. They fit like a puzzle. But you could just use a border and separate them into a block by itself too.

pamesue 06-17-2014 09:28 AM

I would love to join this swap....so that I am clear - I make my blocks before I sign up? and there are 6 blocks in a set? I can sign up for 4 sets?

I will start this evening search thru all of the halloween fabric I have. :-)

Billi 06-17-2014 10:32 AM

Alright got it, looks like I have to do it I love the quilts you just showed us.