Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Halloween Block Swap 2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/halloween-block-swap-2014-a-t248301.html)

RedGarnet222 06-18-2014 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by owlvamp (Post 6763278)
I love the quilts too! i also seen one of my blocks from a previous swap. I was so excited. Im in will come up with something I'm sure.LOL

Great owlvamp! I have you all signed in now. Happy swapping!

RedGarnet222 06-18-2014 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew (Post 6763369)
Hi Red! You beat me to hosting the swap this year! Now I'll have more time to sew. Go ahead & sign me up. I always love Halloween swaps!

There was a post on the swap board that got me all excited muse and sew. I guess it jump started my creative juices and I went for it. Hopefully there won't be any wildfires this year. The last year I hosted it looked like London here it was so smoky because of them. Although I plan on putting them into plastic bag in a plastic tub until the swap day.

I have you all signed up for the swap now too.

owlvamp 06-18-2014 12:45 PM

Thank you now will see what I can come up with.

klaws 06-19-2014 03:00 AM

This sounds like so much fun. I love Halloween and Christmas. I have plenty of fabric that I'm sure I can come up with something. The quilt pictures are great!

RedGarnet222 06-19-2014 08:44 AM

Oh goody goody! Glad to have you Klaws! I am happy to sign you in for the swap.

dottie dodge 06-19-2014 09:08 AM

I am thinking about this swap. Are the blocks to be appliqued or can they be pieced? I really don;t like to do applique, I'm never satisfied with the outcome. But I have some fun halloween fabrics that would be great pieced blocks.

RedGarnet222 06-19-2014 12:06 PM

Oh dear YES! I just think the pieced blocks set the quilts off great. Please look back at the two quilt pictures I posted on the thread (pg.2) and see the pieced blocks in them. Let me know if you want me to sign you up dottie dodge.

Billi 06-19-2014 07:58 PM

So I got so excited I already have 2 sets finished and a moc up of a third set done is it customary for this swap to post pictures? Truthfully I'm kind of excited about them.

RedGarnet222 06-20-2014 08:35 AM

Oh yes PLEASE post them billi! I just love the banter and the show and tell part of the swap. I know there are others who do too. I am so excited about this swap. I found my four blocks that I will be making and as soon as I finish the donation quilt for the auction, I will be on this like right away. I love to play with the Halloween blocks. They are just so dang cute!

Billi 06-20-2014 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Awesome. I just got a new phone hopefully I can figure out how to resize to post a picture. Yay it only took. Me half an hour to figure it out.

this is the mock up of three of my blocks. I'm working out a forth one now. So far I'm pretty pleased with them.

I think my sizes are acceptabe at 6.5 square 9.5 square and 6.5 x 12.5 rectangle.