Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/holiday-row-robin-2009-pictures-dont-forget-next-mailing-deadline-28-feb-09-a-t14934.html)

JANW 02-16-2009 08:01 AM

How did you do the red and green?? So cool

Margie 02-16-2009 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by mrsj82
Margie, those are fantastic! I feel exactly the same way you do. I have no experience in some of these things, so I'm feeling a little nervous...but you're doing great!

Thank you so much...I guess you know how I am feeling then with all these amazing quilters! Margie

Margie 02-16-2009 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by JANW
How did you do the red and green?? So cool

Glad you liked them...they were actually the easiest blocks. I tried piecing a logcabin pinwheel...OMG wonky wonky couldnt use it...tried another one, same thing. Had a different square in one and didnt like it too busy. Thought I need something a little less busy, so I just embroidered those two. Simply machine embroidered squares after a several really bad attempts at piecing(two full days worth of wasted squares lol). I had never done much piecing before..four patch and nine patch and once half squares. SO this is BIG stretch for me.

Thanks for kind words :)

Margie

2 Doods 02-16-2009 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by LoriJ

Originally Posted by Margie
On MrsJ82's quilt are the only colors to be (looks to me) blue and green..with touch of yellow or is it my puter that makes it look that way? Sure looks as though you managed to match them exactly. How did you do that? I am worried I wont be able to match them as well.

Margie

I wouldn't worry about it Margie, I just took the row to the fabric store and found colors in the same family. I'm sure whatever you do, it will be just fine.

I did that with the Round Robin center that we are doing. And the best part: the shop owner helped pick out fabrics and made lots of sugestions. It was wonderful having the help. :D

2 Doods 02-16-2009 08:37 AM

Margie, your work is beautiful :!:
I have seen it in person-I know :!: :lol:
You are doing a fabulous job and should be proud of yourself!

We all make wonky blocks sometimes. It is part of the learning process.
My favorite tool for this project: a 12 1/2 inch square ruler for the rotary cutter. I make the blocks a smidge large then trim them. And you can trim after each row on the log cabins and that keeps them squared up too.
All the hints that people have on here REALLY help me! That is how I found out there is a 1/4 inch foot for the machine among other things :lol:

LindaR 02-16-2009 09:25 AM

gorgeious use of embroidery....love them

Margie 02-16-2009 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by LoriJ

Originally Posted by Margie
On MrsJ82's quilt are the only colors to be (looks to me) blue and green..with touch of yellow or is it my puter that makes it look that way? Sure looks as though you managed to match them exactly. How did you do that? I am worried I wont be able to match them as well.

Margie

I wouldn't worry about it Margie, I just took the row to the fabric store and found colors in the same family. I'm sure whatever you do, it will be just fine.

''

THANKS FOR THE TIP....you can believe I will be off to the quilt shop when I get that row. I cant believe how well it matches...and since new to this, probably would not have thought to take to lqs and ask them...DUH

Margie :)

Margie 02-16-2009 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
gorgeious use of embroidery....love them

Thank you , I love to embroider. So many beautiful designs and ways to use them.

Margie :)

Elizabeth A. 02-17-2009 11:20 AM

Beautiful rows ladies!

barbsbus 02-17-2009 12:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I finially got the light bulbs done for the Christmas tree for Collettakay and will be putting it the mail today to MsSage.