Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Holiday Row Robin 2009 Pictures (Dont' Forget - Next Mailing Deadline is 28 Feb 09) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/holiday-row-robin-2009-pictures-dont-forget-next-mailing-deadline-28-feb-09-a-t14934.html)

LoriJ 05-13-2009 10:34 AM

*clapping* oh how cute! Now I've got a hat, mittens and a scarf, along with a cup of hot chocolate to keep me warm and toasty from all that snow, and outdoor activities....LOL...
Lookin good Elizabeth! :lol:

Elizabeth A. 05-13-2009 12:01 PM

Glad you like it, I looked and looked for a pattern. I ended up giving up to free draw my own. :shock: I gave the little town another layer of snow and then it's off to set in the oven later today. I know it looks "crispy" and "solid" but it's not. The lady at my LQS showed me how to do it so it's nice and flexible just like the fabric before it was put on.

mrsj82 05-13-2009 01:20 PM

That's so cool! LoriJ I sent the package off to you today. Insured for $400...you will have to sign for it is what the post office man told me. :-)

zyxquilts 05-13-2009 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
At last! My finished Robin - I just love it!! I haven't quite decided, but I might add borders, possibly wider at the top & bottom to make it more rectangular. Then, again, maybe not! lol Top row is by mgrhs - Mona, then babeegirl - Sondra, my row is the center one - the snowball blocks, then JanW & Ruth's rows. Wonderful!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ain't it just GRAND?!!?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34408[/ATTACH]

zyxquilts 05-13-2009 08:47 PM

Wooohooo! I finished Babeegirl's Robin tonight! I'll take pics & post tomorrow...and I hope y'all don't mind, but I'm taking it & mine to guild for Show & Tell tomorrow night too! Then Babeegirl's will go to the Post Office on Friday. :D

mgrhs 05-14-2009 02:07 AM

xyz I'm glad you like it, I think it turned out pretty good, I hope you don't mind that I put my row out of order but I didn't want the penguins to be upside down

zyxquilts 05-14-2009 07:08 AM

I don't mind at all Mona! :D I was thinking (when I started) that I might have to do another row of snowballs to balance it when I got it back - but since my row is in the middle it's perfect! LOL
I overslept this morning & ran out of the house without Sondra's quilt, so will have to wait until tonight for the picture now. Also forgot my breakfast & lunch - sheesh! - just lucky I managed to put on my pants & that my shoes are always right by the door! LOL

zyxquilts 05-15-2009 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's Babeegirl's Holiday Robin! It's now a 'squishy' & ready to go to the Post Office this afternoon.... :D
Oh - and everyone liked it at Show & Tell last night at my guild meeting too! :D:D

Elizabeth A. 05-15-2009 09:52 AM

Oh it's wonderful! :D I really liked how this one turned out. :D

mrsj82 05-15-2009 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A little teaser for Margie. I'm really enjoying this one! It should be done in the next couple days...hopefully I'm not getting too ahead of myself, but I'm really excited to get this one done! I've hung Margie's top up in my living room so it's constantly staring at me!

Hope you like this little preview!