Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   HOME DÉCOR SWAP #2 - entry closes April 19, 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/home-d%C9cor-swap-2-entry-closes-april-19-2013-a-t217663.html)

DustysMomma 04-25-2013 07:58 PM

Off swaps? Don't you make me come get you ladies! :eek::shock:

"What you talkin about Willis?!"

jaba 04-25-2013 10:31 PM

Arrived in WA, tomorrow will get it together. Have to sew the binding on 1 more item I'm sending. Now it's bed time...

Elisabrat 04-25-2013 11:08 PM

Glad you go there Jan, rest up. no rush right? and Nancia, darling we could aways get together at our chapel service.. you remember.. the chapel of the men with quilts and burritos? you can I hope bring the ..special chapel fluid so we are not too parched while in study. I say we study May oh yes I say we study May for sure.

I just was watching the tonight show and hear that Gwenyth Paltro is the most beautiful woman on earth .. uh did I get to toss my vote in or did they purposely not ask me to vote on that one. She is pretty but that is one heavy title to carry and maybe a bit big for her shoes.. just saying.. I am not giving up the crown without a fight.

sikesjj 04-26-2013 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My Husband will kill me, but this was too cute not to show everyone.

Thats my Beau Beau

[ATTACH=CONFIG]410157[/ATTACH]

nancia 04-26-2013 08:58 AM

absolutely tooooo cute!!!!!

DustysMomma 04-26-2013 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by sikesjj (Post 6027397)
My Husband will kill me, but this was too cute not to show everyone.

Thats my Beau Beau

Oh my! It looks like he likes to play dress up too! He needs some boy's dress up clothes so he at least has options. Not that I think there's anything wrong with him playing dress up in dresses, but I'm sitting here thinking he might want to be the prince or the pirate who sweeps the princess away too! Don't all little boys want to play like they're pirates or cops or something?

Dusty used to keep his Halloween costumes to play dress up in. He had a Buzz Lightyear bodysuit that was made out of polyester that he squeezed into until he couldn't anymore, even when the arms and legs were too short and he had to pretend he was a turtle to get the hood up, lol. That one finally had to "go missing", but then it was the fireman's jacket to go with the big noisy firetruck my dad bought him. He'd push it around the house "DING DING! FIRE MANS! GET OUT THE WAY PEOPLE!" while wearing his fireman's jacket and hat and his cowboy boots. His dad built houses, so we got him a toolbench and a real leather toolbelt for his 3rd birthday. He had to keep his toolbelt in daddy's truck so he could wear it when he went with him to check on jobs. He'd pop out of the truck before his dad could finish what he was doing & get out, and he came around the corner one day & heard the guys cutting up & he asked them "Do you want me to fire you up? You girls are posed to be workin, not playin! I'm the little boss, get on it women!" They all fell out laughing at him and he got so mad. He came stomping back to the truck and told his dad he needed to "fire them all up." It was cute as could be at the time, and he's never lived it down. The boy is nothing like that now though!

sikesjj 04-26-2013 07:05 PM

DM i can see Beau saying something like that in a few years! He has a construction hat, Thor hat and cape, and capt America shield. They love to clop thru the house with those stupid shoes on the new wood floors, it drives me CRAZY. That sound echoes off everything!!!

nancia 04-27-2013 12:42 PM

ok. i could change my whole plan and send him dress up clothes (with some quilting somewhere). i saw the cutest capt america costume at toys r us, and don't you dare ask me why i was at toys r us! anyway, i didn't buy it, but it's there if you think you'd like to get him one. i imagine, jamie, you could whip one up for him in no time. my son, josh, dressed formally for the mr.----, contest he was in as a sr in high school. he went in drag because he didn't think he was handsome enough to compete against the other candidates. he was disqualified from winning, but everyone had fun with it and he 'competed' in all the events. i'm pretty sure he would have won had he taken it seriously. then he went to a costume party in my strapless black cocktail dress. got him to shave arms and pits. he wore panty hose but we couldn't find shoes to fit him. he looked gorgeous, hair all curled down to his waist, full make up, and when he got to the party his hostess loaned him a strapless padded bra to round things out. he is the father of my beautiful dgd. very straight, and still wears costumes to events like the renaissance faire, but as a guy. he also has a well developed sense of humor!
i went to goodwill and they had a 'vintage brother' machine for $20, but i decided i didn't need another machine with no place to put it. i did however buy a cabbage patch kid in excellent condition and shoes and outfit in great condition, too. he will join the others in my collection. i used to buy my daughter doubles of dolls so she could play with one and keep the other pristine. she had/has very little interest in dolls, so i've stopped. my son thinks the dolls are creepy. both boys had dolls as toys, and both are very compassionate young men. as i am sure beau will be. walk a mile in my shoes is just literal to beau! lol.

DustysMomma 04-27-2013 02:48 PM

Well I made it home from my work day at the far off office. Did I make a stop at Joann's while my 25% off your total purchase card was still good? Of course I did. Did I buy something? I'm taking the 5th!:confused::eek:

I just turned the runner for the side swap with Lovngrandma. One more stitch all the way around and she's done. It's not a huge runner, 12"x34", but it's cute & springy * hopefully she'll like it. I'll be starting on her items for this swap tomorrow (which is why I'm taking the 5th on my Joann's trip!) :D

I always knew Dusty would be a very softhearted man too. His father and I both are, and I tried my hardest not to let his father's actions during a bad period in his life harden Dusty to the point he lost that compassionate trait. He's always had manners to spare, been somewhat softspoken, and been taught that I expect him to treat any other woman with the same respect that is expected to be offered to me and his dad's mother, who have always been the 2 main female influences in his life. His dad wouldn't have let him wear anything feminine, even as a joke, in public when he was growing up. I used this "phobia" I guess we'll call it, to my advantage when his dad turned 30 though. He was coaching baseball, and we had a game on his birthday, so I got him a ballerina cake and a pink feather boa for the boys to give him. He was good about it for the boys, but the boa disappeared very quickly and mysteriously even before gametime. :D

nancia 04-27-2013 05:54 PM

i didn't dress the boys in girl clothing (except once, and it was an emergency!), but i didn't curtail any pretending they chose to do. i gave my husband a little pink dress once, but it was to announce my 2nd pregnancy that was supposed to be a girl, but intuitively i knew it was a boy (after i'd given the dress. ) i thought the diaper covering panties would be a real hint to dh, but all he said was, "looks a little small for me.":) third time was a charm, my sister had used the dress on her daughter, and surprised me with it on dd's arrival. yay! brought me to tears.